What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Roll it spa Covers  (Read 6000 times)

Water Boy

Roll it spa Covers
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »
Are any of you guys familiar at all with this company called Roll it swim spa covers? They also make roll it covers for regular sized hot tubs as well. You can see more on them here:
http://rollupspacovers.com/

I am thinking about offering these for our swim spa customers as a alternative to the regular foam covers, but I wanted to see if any of your other experts out there have had any first hand experience with this company, or with the product itself. Thanks in advance!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Roll it spa Covers
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Roll it spa Covers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »
If you want some honest replies, I'll have to say that I wouldn't be interested in one.
1( It seems to be something that might take two people to "roll" up;
2) It's doesn't look as well insulated as the one I have;
3) I use my cover, partially, for privacy since it's as wide as my spa and creates a wall on one side. That one looks as if it will give you about 14" of privacy on the one side.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »
I "love" this exclusion in their warranty;

By the way, for health and safety reasons, if you send us a cover that is dirty or wet, we won’t be able to inspect or repair it. We’ll call and arrange to ship it back to you.

Also, the warranty is prorated.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:26:18 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Sam

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:17:38 pm »
We did one of these for a customer who bought a swim spa from the traveling master show.  I won't go into the details of how terrible their service from master was, but she ended up coming to us to solve her problems.  One of the problems is that the cover was too difficult for her handicapped husband to remove and they don't have the clearance for a lifter or other automatic cover system.  After some research, I found roll it covers. 

They aren't really set up well to sell through dealers.  I think they basically sell to dealers for $300 less than they sell them for online.  Not a lot of room for profit there.  Anyway, in order to take care of this customer we got them one and installed it.  It has worked well for them.  FYI, to make it light enough for elderly or disabled customers, you need to request that the frame be made from aluminum instead of their standard frame material. 

*It has been awhile since this occurred so I may not have given totally accurate information here.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42