What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Rubber Piece  (Read 7578 times)

Jwolf

Jacuzzi Rubber Piece
« on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »
Went to go clean the filters yesterday, took them out and soaked them, and when I came back there was a rubber circle piece that came off somewhere but was in the area where the filter sucks down with the grill over it on a Jacuzzi 400 series..I'm assuming this came off of one of the filters? But not sure which one, and I can't find it anywhere in the manual...help  :-\

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Rubber Piece
« on: July 16, 2013, 02:46:08 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi Rubber Piece
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:00:18 pm »
 Yeah no idea what you are talking about?    Does it look like a psc of thread from the filter is missing or what?   Pics always help..

Jwolf

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »
Yeah no idea what you are talking about?    Does it look like a psc of thread from the filter is missing or what?   Pics always help..

yeah sorry, was rambling a little bit..here's a pic

it was in the filter area (filters were removed for cleaning, and it looks like it was trying to be sucked into the pump, but was luckily over the hole on the left (the one with a bunch of small holes).  I think it might go on one of the filters or at the base of either of the filter hole things on the tub, but have no idea which one, or if that's even where it goes

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »
 Glad you posted a pic, that is an o-ring for the back of a jet.  No way it could have fallen out from somewhere, prolly one of the monkeys building the spa dropped it in at the factory.    If that had got sucked into a main pump pretty sure it would have stopped your pump.   Good thing you found it..

Jwolf

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:11:16 pm »
Good to know. Thank you! Just wonder where it could've been for a month while we had the spa? It was probably in the filter area and i never saw it lol

jaysdca

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:43:01 pm »
It actually goes around the threads at the bottom of your two piece filter. It's there to prevent over tightening.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:32:58 am »
 So was there like a memo on this from Jacuzzi, because in 13 years I have never seen anything like that?   :o 

jaysdca

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:19 am »
No memo.  Only under factory installed proclarity filters on J400 spas. They are on all my 2013 floor models.

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 10:51:25 pm »
It was installed on my J-480 when I bought it last year, only problem - I've never been able to get it back on during a filter change with the hot tub full of water.  And it's not part of the OEM replacement when you buy the 3 part filter kit new.

Jwolf

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »
Hmm..interesting..I guess I'll put it on that filter thanks

TdiDave

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »
Good luck on getting that little o-ring to stay in place when you replace the filter.  Mine is too big for the threads and just falls off as you drums the filter down to thread in.

RunItRagged

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »
Could be worse...  I have a NEW J-470.  Open Flow Switch error from the get go.  Took out the filters.  Noticed the stupid O ring setting in the bottom.  Ran the pumps and stuck a hose down the hole (2 piece filter side) to clear the error.  Forgot about the damn O ring.  O ring is Gone, baby GONE.  Great suction on the other side.  I'll let you all know how much this will cost me.

RunItRagged

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:36 am »
Talked to the repair dude at the dealership.  He said the "open Flow Switch" error should go away once the filters are cleaned.  (Well water with high mineral content.)  He said to run it without the filters for a day or so and it should clear itself.  It did!
He agreed the O ring was a dumb idea but I  should not worry about it.  He said it will either get chopped up by the impeller or lodge somewhere without any problems.
So far it is running normally and no other problems have surfaced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42