What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-425 temperature too hot  (Read 4651 times)

gardencharmer

J-425 temperature too hot
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:09 am »
Hi all,
I am a brand new hot tub owner. We got our Jacuzzi J-425 three days ago. We set the temp at 95 degrees. The first night it warmed up to over 100 when we were in it, but I am assuming that's because we had the jets going and they helped heat the water? We put the cover on and went to bed. In the morning it was up to 102. We turned the thermostat down to 92. The water temp never dropped below 100 degrees yesterday. Last night we dropped the temp down to 90 and this morning it was 103! The jacuzzi is in a covered screen porch so it gets no sun. The ambient temp around here has been no higher than 85 during the heat of the day the last few days. So my question:
Is this normal?
How can I get my tub to run at 95? (I don't want it 100 degrees in the summertime, it's just too hot for me to stand for long periods)
How long would a tub take to cool off?
We have turned it to 'eco mode' as that is supposed to only heat it from 5pm to 7am to see if that helps. The dealer is closed today but I also plan on calling tomorrow to see if we are doing something wrong or if the thermostat is broken. Does anyone have any thoughts on my situation? Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Hot Tub Forum

J-425 temperature too hot
« on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:09 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: J-425 temperature too hot
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 12:15:03 pm »
Does it feel like a 103?    Possibly could be a bad temp sensor, defiantly call your dealer in the am and let them know!   One thing you could try would be drain say a 1/4 of the water out and refill it, set the temp at 90 and see what it does.    If you have it set to heat from 5 to 7 and it's at the temp you are saying it is, it shouldn't call for heat at all.    Temp sensor is easy fix!!

gardencharmer

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »
I put my kitchen thermometer in it and it's definitely 103! I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow. I'd do the 'drain and fill w/ water thing' but it's been raining all day and it's a soggy muddy mess out there and I don't want to mess with hoses. For now I'm just leaving the lid off so it can cool (having it in a screen porch is very handy right now!).  What's weird is it's not showing that it's heating (they display would indicate). Does the motor or the filtration system generate a ton of heat when it's sitting idle? I did run two hours ago to adjust my chemicals. It went from 100 to 102 when I did that and when I just now checked it after it had been covered, it had crept up to 103.

We love this thing though, even if it has a temperature mind of it's own! I will be soaking tonight!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:20:15 pm »
Our normal temp her in MS around this time of year is 95-98*. We keep our temp set at 92*. When we get out, after running the jets, the temp has creeped up to 96*. Before going in, I leave the cover off (we do have a netted misquitoe gazebo around it so we don't have to worry about bugs getting in it) allowing the night time temp to cool down the water, and then in the morning, I put the cover on. Since I have the summer setting to turn the circulating pump off at 10 in the morning and come back on at 6. The temp is back at 92* when we get ready that evening again.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

gardencharmer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »
Update: When I spoke to the dealer, they said we should just leave the cover off more (like all day) as it was so well insulated it was trapping heat. I can't say I loved this suggestion. Well, I left it off, overnight the water cooled down to 91 degrees, and then miraculously it healed itself.

We have the temp set at 99. We leave the cover on when not in use. It is staying at 99 degrees (despite the fact that the outside temp has creeped up the last few days to 90 degrees, hotter than it was when the tub was self-heating to 103). Weird.

To make up for the fact that it is working as hoped (temperature wise), the waterfall isn't always working. Another call to the dealer is on the way! I still love to soak in this tub but it sure would be nice if it would work as it's supposed to on a consistent basis!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »
  The waterfall will only work if the circ pump is running, so if you want the waterfall on turn the temp up 1 degree or adjust the setting of the circ pump. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42