What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaking Jacuzzi j-355  (Read 3510 times)

dennisoates

Leaking Jacuzzi j-355
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »
I located a leak , opposite side of the pumps, a broken manifold, prob ice damage. I dug out quite a bit of foam, but the manifold goes deeper then I can reach, how do I get this manifold out? Is it standard pvc pipe or do I need to order from Jacuzzi? How much more damage can I expect, I see this pipe is split right in half. I have already paid a Jacuzzi dealer 700.00 and still have a leaker, any suggestions,?? I need help, I just bought this used from a lady for 1600. and she said it works perfectly. I have to do this myself as Im out of cash to hand out. thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Leaking Jacuzzi j-355
« on: July 23, 2013, 04:12:09 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Leaking Jacuzzi j-355
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:15:58 pm »
 I would call the dealer back and say WTF my spa still leaks.   What did they do for the 700 bucks?

JohnnyK45

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:02:27 am »
I take it the hot tub was empty and not up and running when you bought it?  Wonder if you could call this lady and share your finding, assuming you just got the hot tub.  Perhaps she dosn't know it was damaged over the past winter by her keeping it empty or not heated, etc. 

J

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:37 pm »
Sorry to hear about your problem.  This happens quite frequently.  People say that it worked perfectly the last time they had it filled, yet they did not winterize it properly so it has freeze damage.    I agree with the post above that suggested calling the dealer and seeing what they will do.  $700 and you still have leaks?  That doesn't seem very reasonable.  Be persistent yet polite.  They may offer some sort of discount since you have already paid them quite a bit.  I have done so with customers in similar situations.

Moral of the story:  Always ask to see a used hot tub filled and running before purchase. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 05:29:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42