What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita Spa Amour and Cover Caddy  (Read 3692 times)

vgordon

Vita Spa Amour and Cover Caddy
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »
We recently installed a Vita Spa Amour hot tub.  We are getting up there in years and decided we needed assistance with removing and replacing the cover.  This is a small 2 person tub and the cover isn't heavy, just a bit bulky.  I researched products and decided to order the Cover Valet Cover Caddy NP 509.  I was especially excited that I would not have to drill holes in the hot tub cabinet. 

The Cover Caddy arrived today and I took the plate out to see how hard it was going to be to slide it under the tub.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the hot tub does not sit directly on the concrete pad.  I am a bit upset because the advertisement said it would work with virtually every hot tub. 

Does anyone have this combination; if so, how did you make it work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

Vita Spa Amour and Cover Caddy
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:32:17 pm »

Sam

Re: Vita Spa Amour and Cover Caddy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 01:15:39 pm »
What do you mean when you say that the tub does not sit directly on the concrete pad?  Can you post a picture?

vgordon

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:47:51 pm »
Sorry but I don't see the option of uploading a picture. I took some but can't figure out how to send.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:20:59 pm »
After you hit reply, there are a few buttons above the text area.  Underneath the Bold button is an icon that allows you to upload a pic.  If you hover your pointer over it, it says "Insert Image".  You can also try to describe it in a different way.  What does the hot tub sit on if not directly on the pad?  It still should not prevent you from using a cover caddy.  I must not understand what you are saying.

vgordon

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 07:21:51 pm »
I still cannot figure it out.  When I click on that icon I get this .  Maybe I am dumb but usually when you insert something it takes your to an explorer so you can pick the file.

Anyway, the tub has a floor that sits on several small legs.  I guess there are about 10 of them around the bottom of the tub floor.  It looks like they are probably about 1 1/2" tall (which sets the tub floor up about 1 1/2" from the ground).  In other words the caddy will slide up under the tub floor but it's going to be about 1 1/2" from the floor of the tub.  My fear is that when you lower the cover it will tilt so far back it may fallHot Tub Bottom.jpg

Flyonthewall

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »
might not be the lifter for you.  coincidently the thickness of a 2x4, 2x6, 2x8, etc is 1 1/2 inches.  one between the plate and the spa might be snug enough to hold it in place and support the cover.  probably not though.  i have an endless supply of dumb ideas.

vgordon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »
I think that may work Flyonthewall.  This is not a heavy cover (it's for a 2 person hot tub) and I think the block of wood between the plate and the spa would be just the ticket.  I will get my able bodied son over here to help me try to re-engineer this thing. 

Thanks so much for your help, Sam & Flyonthewall.  I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 09:03:51 pm by vgordon »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42