What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Evaporation and water loss rate  (Read 2298 times)

goneaway

Evaporation and water loss rate
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:10:22 am »
Had 4 of us in the tub on Saturday night for a fair few hours, and thought nothing of it when I had to top up at least 30-40mm on Sunday morning.
Then with only light use for a few days, I noticed again on Wednesday that I needed to top up the same again.
At this point, i was concerned that i might have a leak, so I topped it up to a distinctive line on the skimmer, so that I could monitor it.
I've left the covers on for over 36 hours, and taken another look this morning, to find that it's only dropped by about 1mm.
So I'm now satisfied that the losses earlier are more than likely down to spillage, absorption and evaporation.
So what sort of losses does everyone else experience?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:49:30 am by keat63 »

Hot Tub Forum

Evaporation and water loss rate
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:10:22 am »

ezzo

Re: Evaporation and water loss rate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:08 am »
Hello Keats, yes this is something i have had also, I have a 350 gallon 7 seater and after a kids party last week it dropped a good 20-30mm whereas it only goes down about 1mm per day when unused through evaporation. Ive check for leaks once per week and have none and so what you described fits in with normal everyday use  :) Its just a case of splashing and also when stepping out of spa dragging a trunkful / swimsuit full of water with it

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Evaporation and water loss rate
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 11:58:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42