What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floating weir bobs up & down...constant banging noise  (Read 3245 times)

kevy

Floating weir bobs up & down...constant banging noise
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:53:24 am »
New to spa world. Our first spa is a 3.5yr old Beachcomber 578 Hybrid. The manual says that with hushpump equipped spas the water level can be filled to 1/3 the skimmer inlet level (otherwise fill it to 1/2). I find that when I am anywhere from the 1/2 level and below, the floating skimmer weir bobs up and down and bangs against the telescoping part that results in a constant banging noise. Adding a bit of water seems to help but then if you put 4 people in the tub the water level is at the very top of the tub and any movement causes overflow spillage.

Anybody else experience this?

Hot Tub Forum

Floating weir bobs up & down...constant banging noise
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:53:24 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Floating weir bobs up & down...constant banging noise
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:33 am »
Pretty much unavoidable with that type of skimmer, just remove it when your in there but leave the basket part in.   Least that's what I would do..

kevy

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »
OK, so what types of skimmers do other tubs use?
The noise really only bothers me when I'm not in the tub, so I guess it doesn't mattter if I remove it when the cover is on as there's nothing to skim off the surface of the water then.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42