What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leaving Tub Dry  (Read 1900 times)

ddb

Leaving Tub Dry
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:09 am »
I have a 2006 Hot Spring Vanguard, it has been in continuous operation since I bought it new.  I will be out of the state for a month and am wondering (more for security and liability than anything else) if I  should drain the tub and leave it dry for those 4 weeks. For the technicians, is there any increased chance of seals drying out or electronics not coming back online if the tub is not in operation for that long?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Hot Tub Forum

Leaving Tub Dry
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:49:09 am »

Sam

Re: Leaving Tub Dry
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 02:35:41 pm »
It is perfectly fine to leave it empty for 4 weeks.  In colder months, you need to properly winterize to prevent freeze damage.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:21:47 pm »
For only a month, I wouldn't worry about the seals. What I would worry about is any dirt on the shell could cause permanent  staining. Clean it well, cover it well (I'd throw a tarp over the whole thing), and it should be fine.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 09:21:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42