What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Virgins - Any Suggestions  (Read 5138 times)

caejae

Hot Tub Virgins - Any Suggestions
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:52:18 pm »
Hi, we are hot tub virgins; we’ve looked at a Viking Spa tub and a Hot Springs tub, who makes the better product? We live in Philadelphia and our winters can get pretty cold and summers can get really hot! We’re looking for something that seats about 8 max, we know we don’t want lounge seating. Tub will be used for therapy for old aching bones but mostly for relaxation. We would like lighting, a small waterfall and something that is compatible with a smart phone for music, other than that we don’t need a lot of bells and whistles. We generally thought our price point would be no more than 10,000 however; the 7,000 range is more desirable.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Virgins - Any Suggestions
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:52:18 pm »

Sam

Re: Hot Tub Virgins - Any Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:10:36 pm »
IMO, Hot Spring and Viking are in different classes.  I think most on here will tell you that Hot Spring is the better product.  I would tend to agree, though my experience with Viking is limited. 

I'm unsure of pricing but I think the Limelight Pulse may meet your needs.  There are other's on here that can give you more information on Hot Spring models and price ranges as I have not sold them in many years.

caejae

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:15:42 pm »
Thank you for your advice Sam! Is there a reason why you haven't sold Hot Springs in years? What do you sell and which product in our price range would you recommend?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
I agree the Hot Springs is the better product but you get what you pay for. The Viking will be substantially less money and a good product for the money.
Retired

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »
Hi, we are hot tub virgins; we’ve looked at a Viking Spa tub and a Hot Springs tub, who makes the better product? We live in Philadelphia and our winters can get pretty cold and summers can get really hot! We’re looking for something that seats about 8 max, we know we don’t want lounge seating. Tub will be used for therapy for old aching bones but mostly for relaxation. We would like lighting, a small waterfall and something that is compatible with a smart phone for music, other than that we don’t need a lot of bells and whistles. We generally thought our price point would be no more than 10,000 however; the 7,000 range is more desirable.

Hot Spring and Viking don't go u against each other much. Kind of like deciding between Hyundai and BMW. Hot Spring is a great brand in a different class IMO and will be much more energy efficient. Of course I'm a bit biased. ;)

JohnnyK45

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:01:38 am »
We bought our Viking 2 hot tub about a year ago.  It is heavily used and has been fantastic!  This tub can do 110 or 220; but to keep it simple initially and without having to upgrade our electrical, we just ran with 110.  No problems last winter and I live in WI.  I'm a pretty loyal consumer when it comes to finding a product or service I really like and if they exceed my expectations, well, they'll get repeat business from me as well as a few "shout-outs" where appropriate.  ;D  Finally, one of their head sales guys, AJ and one of their tech guys named Gary, wonderful people, always called me back when I bugged them with questions prior to my purchase; even called Gary for a few additional tips, etc. after our spa was delivered.  Anyway, my experience with Viking has been excellent and they don't know it yet, but if we upgrade years down the road, we'll likely stick with Viking.

J

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »
apples to oranges...If you want a close comparison to Viking take a look at Nordic

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:22:08 am »
apples to oranges...If you want a close comparison to Viking take a look at Nordic

Or Great Lakes or any number of value line tubs on the market that are one small step above the box store offerings.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:22:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42