What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought my first hottub - Beachcomber 730  (Read 4647 times)

mattwelke

Just bought my first hottub - Beachcomber 730
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »
Hey just bought my first hot tub. After reading dozens of reviews it was pretty much down to sundance and beachcomber(as there are alot in my area) it just came down to which deal came up first.

I visited both the dealers and they were both awesome. One other thing that set me on beachcomber was the aftermarket UV system. Beachcomber quoted me $800 for clear tec to be installed, and sundance wanted $1500 for their clearray system so it seemed a bit of a rip off for sundance aftermarket parts.

its a 2003 so a bit older but perfectly working. Someone had to sell it fast so i picked it up for a steal at 1500. Included a new cover and easy lifter and chemicals. Getting it hooked up this week im pretty excited to try it out.

We scratched it while moving on the guys fence. Its just cosmetic, but wonderig if there is a way to repair it, with some sort of paint or wax or something. Not sure of the color name but its the lighter blue looking color. if not its not that noticeable.

Also would consider replacing all the jets in the near future. Wonder what options I have for that. Most of them are fine, A few seems a bit loose and they also arn't as nice looking as the current jets on the market but im sure they work fine. Wondering if anyone sells jet packages to just replace them all.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought my first hottub - Beachcomber 730
« on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:44 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Just bought my first hottub - Beachcomber 730
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:24:50 pm »
sounds like you got a great deal...FYI in lieu of an overpriced UV sanitizer I would instead opt for a good corona discharge ozonator, a good high output ozonator can be had for $150-$250 online

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »
 So the Sundance dealer was charging you to install the ClearRay?   It comes std on the spa, while I am sure it is buried in the cost of the spa it's not something I would charge for, unless it was an older mdl without it on there.  Then I would say a std ozonator would be more in line..

mattwelke

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »
Yeah I put a post up here a few weeks ago that the sundance dealer was trying to charge me for a 1999 optima they wanted $5000 and wouldnt budge, it had no clearray or ozonator and I felt it was far too high.

So you think ozonator is going to be better than UV? the price does seem much better.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:37:42 pm »
Yeah I put a post up here a few weeks ago that the sundance dealer was trying to charge me for a 1999 optima they wanted $5000 and wouldnt budge, it had no clearray or ozonator and I felt it was far too high.

So you think ozonator is going to be better than UV? the price does seem much better.

didn't say it was better, but its an apples to apples comparison imo...other factor to consider: ozone, UV, Clear-ray only operate when water is circulating so if your tub is not equipped with a circulation pump that operates at least 12 hours a day then in theory you could skip all those options because your not taking advantage of their benefits

mattwelke

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:36:09 pm »
well i ended up with the beachcomber anyways, 2 jet pumps and the hush circ pump so I figured the UV would be the way to go. guess I got some more research to do :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »
 Prolly why it cost 800 bucks, it included the circ pump which is the way to go, pretty high priced option considering it's stock on many spas. That being said I wouldn't have paid 5 grand for that Sundance either, and 1500 for ClearRay is a joke! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42