What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lousy service from Sunrise Spas' and Pelican Pools - help, suggestions?  (Read 9584 times)

gkloib

On May 25th, 2013 my Sunrise Spa – Aquarian Model, serial #12F116 broke down. Having confidence that Sunrise Spas provided service after the sale, I anticipated that the spa would be out of service approximately 2 weeks.

As of this date, my dealer – Pelican Pool’s, Langhorne PA store, has indicated that they have no idea of a delivery date for the parts that were ordered.

Having spent $7,000 on a spa, I would not have anticipated that it would not have broken down with-in the 1st year of ownership (the spa was built June 14, 2012), but accepted the break-down with the anticipation that Sunrise Spa’s would stand behind their product by providing customer service that matched my perceived quality of product.

My dealer is avoiding my calls, and Sunrise is not responding to any e-mail.

Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg 

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 You might try actually going to the store and talk to them?    What's your spa doing or not doing?

castletonia

What parts are on order?  Unless the parts are back ordered, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to give to an eta and even then they should still have an idea.  Why can't they take parts off a floor model then to get you up and running?

If you let me know what parts you are waiting on I can check with Sunrise to see if the holdup is on their end or your dealers.

gkloib

Talked with Pelican Pools today and am no closer to a solution.

The part I need is a Spa Pack.

From talking with my service tech, it seems that there are business issues between SunRise Spa's and Pelican.

Though I don't know the details, Pelican is no longer sellling SunRise Spa's and SunRise Spa's is not supporting warranty claims. I'm stuck in the middle of two companies that regardless of the details of their individual business issues are not taking care of the customer.

Frankly, if I'm SunRise Spa's deal directly with me (I've e-mailed them a number of times), the customer - send me my Spa Pack, but SunRise Spa's does not answer any phone-calls or e-mails either. Regardless of the business dealings between a dealer and manufacturer it's poor customer relations to the consumer.

If anyone out there can get me a Spa Pack, let me know - Pelican will still do the install for me and reimburse me for having to purchase a Spa Pack.

Greg

Spoiledrotten

- Pelican will still do the install for me and reimburse me for having to purchase a Spa Pack.

Greg

You better get that in writing! Good luck with your situation. That's such a poor way to do business. Even if the dealer you bought the spa from isn't working with the mfr., they still spent the commission/profit they made off of the sale.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Looks like your issue is with sunrise. Sent them an attorneys letter demanding a response. The manufacturer is the warranty center not pelican

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
It's possible that pelican never paid the manufacturer for the spa. In some states, the manufacturer would then not be required to honor, or be responsible for, any warranty.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

gkloib

Regardless of the business relationship between the dealer and the manufacturer, it would be professional for SunRise Spa's to at a minimum respond to my e-mail(s). They've done nothing.

Greg K

castletonia

Who at Sunrise have you been trying to deal with? The spa pack is a Gecko in.xe pack.   I can email Sunrise service and see what they tell me about the availability of the pack.   I can ask about the situation with Pelican though I'm not sure I will get an answer if there are ongoing legal issues between them.

castletonia

I just pm'd you.

gkloib

Parts are "on order" so says Pelican Pools. But when questioning the parts order,  have learned that the parts are coming from a parts wholesaler (Horizon).

Also finally received and e-mail from SunRise Spa's which stated I should contact my dealer. As they assured me the parts are on order (interesting since the parts are not coming from SunRise)

Why would a dealer need to go to a parts wholesaler to purchase parts, when a supposedly responsible manufacturer should be providing this warranty service?

Greg

I

Spoiledrotten

You just can't get good customer service anymore (as a whole and I know their are a few good ones left), but in general, people just want your money up front and then forget you after that. I feel your pain. 
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

gkloib

As of Saturday, June 29th the Spa pack still not installed but has been delivered, installation by Pelican Pools set for Monday.

However, I've now learned that SunRise Spa's will not be providing any warranty coverage. Reading the SunRise warranty "warranty applies to spa's made after January 1, 2012 sold for residential use only by an authorized dealer." Is the SunRise Warranty worth anything?

I purchased SunRise because I believed they were a quality and reputable company.

Sounds like I may need to contact a lawyer, at a minimum the Better Business Bureau.

Greg

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Sunrise is owned by the same people who make Dreammaker's I believe.  One of them bought out the other and it looks like they aren't warrantying anything made before the merger.  That's a terrible way to do business

castletonia

There has to be something else going on here.   I have some Sunrise's from 2011 that have warranties being honored.  The only products that could be questionable would have been Dreammaker and Freestyle which Sunrise did not own prior to 2012.

Who said the warranty is not being honored, Sunrise or your dealer?

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42