What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Personal review of Cover Cradle I lifter  (Read 6758 times)

HT2020

Personal review of Cover Cradle I lifter
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:34:26 pm »
It's been a few weeks now that I've receive my Hot Springs Cover Cradle I lifter and I thought I would post a review.  I did an exhaustive search on all the cover lifters available and sifted through their pros and cons.  I wanted a lifter that a child could use with ease; one that was sturdy and would not damage the cover itself; one that provided the maximal view possible ie: sat down as close to the ground as possible.  The Cover Cradle seems to satisfy all of these criteria in spades.  Since it's specifically designed for Hot Springs covers it screws directly into a metallic plate on both sides of the cover and does not need a bulky and destructive bar down the center.  The two pistons on either side make it a breeze to raise and lower the lifter (my 11 year old can do it). The cover sits about 18 inches above the tub providing as unobstructed a view as possible.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the rear clearance needed was somewhat less than 24 inches.  It's only been a few weeks but I think this is the best cover lifter out there.

Hot Tub Forum

Personal review of Cover Cradle I lifter
« on: June 17, 2013, 02:34:26 pm »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Personal review of Cover Cradle I lifter
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 03:49:45 pm »
Of the three (well four if you count the CL I and CL II) that I see available on the HS websites, it seems to be the highest price as well as most popular. I just purchased a HS Envoy (delivery is in two days) and I was torn between the Covercradle and the Uprite. The lift and glide seems to be the least expensive so I stayed away from that one. The only reason that I chose the Uprite is that it doesn't need the 2 feet of space behind it. The Uprite only takes 7" or so they claim. That just seems to be the best fit for me and with my spa being close to the house on one side, that will be the side that gets the lift hardware. I'm sure hoping I made the right decision.

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

HT2020

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 04:34:51 pm »
I don't think that you'll have any problem.  It's purely a matter of individual preference.  The uprite model will obviously stand 30-40 inches above the top of the spa, compared to a cover cradle which is under 18".  If the view is not an issue then I don't think it's any big deal.  In both cases there is no bar and in both cases it's a breeze to lift.  You absolutely need 23-24 inches clearance for the cover cradle so you may not have had much of a choice anyway.  I think if this is going on a side of a house it will be a good fit.

girlinhotwater

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:45:09 am »
I have the Cover cradle II that came with my Hot Springs Envoy. I've only had it a week, but if you have the 24" clearance it's a no brainer to use this cover lifter. Last night I flipped over the front half, stepped in the spa, and can literally push back the rest of the cover with my one little finger. I cannot imagine buying a spa without a cover lifter of some sort. I have friends with a spa using something similar to the upright and it is very easy to open as well and provides them a nice privacy wall from their neighbors.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »
Of the three (well four if you count the CL I and CL II) that I see available on the HS websites, it seems to be the highest price as well as most popular. I just purchased a HS Envoy (delivery is in two days) and I was torn between the Covercradle and the Uprite. The lift and glide seems to be the least expensive so I stayed away from that one. The only reason that I chose the Uprite is that it doesn't need the 2 feet of space behind it. The Uprite only takes 7" or so they claim. That just seems to be the best fit for me and with my spa being close to the house on one side, that will be the side that gets the lift hardware. I'm sure hoping I made the right decision.

nothing wrong with the lift & glide, however I limit that option to spas 7' x 7' or smaller....with your Envoy I would go cover cradle or uprite...both are convenient so it really comes down to how much clearance you have around the spa

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 04:23:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42