What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: having electrical trouble with a dimension one @home hot tub  (Read 2400 times)

lz3td0

HAD A WATER LEAK ON A HOSE CONNECTED TO WHAT I THINK IS A SMALL CIRCULATING PUMP, FIXED THE LEAK. BUT NOW MY BREAKER AT THE DISCONNECT ON THE HOUSE KEEPS TRIPPING.  WHEN I FIRST RESET IT THE BIG PUMPS WILL KICK ON TO WORK WITH THE HEATER TO GET THE TEMP BACK UP, BUT ONCE IT GETS UP TO TEMP AND PUMPS SHUT DOWN OR I USE THE BUTTOM TO TURN PUMPS OFF THE BREAKER TRIPS. AT THAT POINT AS SOON AS I RESET IT, IT TRIPS IMMEDIATELY. LET IT SET FOR TEN MINUTES RESET THE BREAKER, THE  TUB WILL KICK ON AND RUN FINE TIL IT GETS UP TO TEMP OR I PUSH THE BUTTOM TO TURN PUMPS OFF, THEN BREAKER TRIPS.

ANY IDEAS?

Hot Tub Forum

lz3td0

Re: having electrical trouble with a dimension one @home hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
PURCHASED IN 2007

Sam

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:41 pm »
Could you speak up please.  I'm having trouble hearing you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:47 am »
Take a look at the relays that controls the heater and the pump. They may be hanging up. If one side releases but the other side sticks, it can trip the GFI. Also, don't rule out the possibility that the GFI itself is bad. Does the 'test' button work properly?

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42