What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Basic newbie questions on identifying and modding an old Cooperage  (Read 2161 times)

dcnblues

I know nothing about jacuzzis / hot tubs. I have access to an old circular california cooperage jacuzzi. It's drained, and doesn't look like it's been used in a long time. The landlord said he stopped using it due to really high electric bills.

I'd like to identify the exact model, and verify that it uses electricity to heat the water.

I'd like to know whether there are better / cheaper ways to heat the water (gas?).

And whether the old unit can be brought to life with a new (gas?) heater.

Whether it's practical to just turn it into a hot tub (I have no need for water jets).

Here's a description of the unit, which doesn't really match any of the old PDF manuals available at the California Cooperage website:
-It's a round shape in dark painted wood, with two steel rods wrapped around the cylinder.
-It has a hollow bench at the back can be lifted away with plumbing and machinery there (presumably pumps and heater).
-It's a blue gelcoat interior, circular, with five jets / seats.
-One sticker with these numbers: 9444 / 3.102.0005
-A control panel without a model number, one large manual circular temp dial, and two soft pushbuttons for 'circulator' and 'lights.'

Any help most appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

goneaway

Re: Basic newbie questions on identifying and modding an old Cooperage
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 03:29:27 am »
Pictures if possible might help

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:25:20 am »
I'd like to know whether there are better / cheaper ways to heat the water (gas?).

« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:27:13 am by Spoiledrotten »
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:25:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42