What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying a used sundance. i have questions.  (Read 1928 times)

mattwelke

buying a used sundance. i have questions.
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »
Ok so i have been shopping around looking at tubs for a few months. Id like to settle with a higher quality tub.

So i hit the used market. I came across a guy that bought a used sundance 5 years ago from a beach comber dealer. He had no idea what model it is but it seats about 6 and has ozonoator installed. He said his good friend works at the dealer and told him the tub was 12,000 new. The dealer winterized it for him and he has never hooked it up. Should i be worried about leaks? Or anything else when a tub his been sitting(with antifreeze) in it?

The guy is asking 4000 but i could probably talk him down to 2000-3000 which could be one heck of a deal f everything is in working order.

He is sending me some pics so i can try and find out the model.

Hot Tub Forum

buying a used sundance. i have questions.
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:54:15 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: buying a used sundance. i have questions.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »
Make sure he fills it up and runs it first. One of the worst things for a hot tub is letting it sit for so long. I bet that tub will be a leaker

mattwelke

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »
Well thats not good news.

I will definately tell him to fill it up and run it.

He lives 2 hours away but has been good at sending me pics.  its definately a optima.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:31:47 pm »
I'd be the motor has frozen up....and a good chance the heater element has rusted out.

Motors do NOT like to sit idle for long periods of time, and the element exposed to air will be more prone to rust and corrosion.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 04:31:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42