What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trying to decide between two models  (Read 10136 times)

hkc

Trying to decide between two models
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »
Our week of wet testing is done, and we're down to two contenders.
Tested the Sundance Edison, Artesian/south seas 748L, Jacuzzi 335 and Hot Springs relay.
The Artesian is out- neither me nor the hubby liked the way it felt and I floated out of the lounger. The Jacuzzi is out, as we really wanted to test the 235 but they only had the 335 for testing. We liked it a lot, but not $2k more than the others and I'm not buying a model I can't test. The Sundance was great, and although I wanted a lounger they only had the non-lounger version. I didn't mind not having the lounge and since I floated out of the other sundance loungers I didn't mind not having it. The Hot Springs Relay was my favorite, and the pricing right now with a sale is coming in $400 under the Sundance, and $600 under a comparable Jacuzzi (the model I couldn't test).
So...Is $5999 a decent price for the Hot Spot Relay? That includes cover, cover lift, steps, Ozone, delivery, set up and chemicals.
Sundance wants $6495 for the Edison with financing, or $6294 without. I'll go back and test the Edison before I make my final decision but right now I'm leaning towards the Relay. Both dealers get good ratings both online and in person.
It's been three weeks of research, shopping and testing but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. I could go either way so I'd love to hear any feedback.
thanks!
H

Hot Tub Forum

Trying to decide between two models
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Trying to decide between two models
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:16 pm »
5999 is a good price and I think the sundance s priced well as well.  Think it comes don to lounge or no lounge. Either one is a good choice for the money

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:08:34 am »
 The Edison is pretty much identical  to the Jacuzzi J-245 or the J-235 with the lounge.   The J-335 comes with a 5 year warranty, better jetting and a 24hr high flo circ pump and more filtration, plus a few more features so not a real comparison.  But since you didn't care for it's price doesn't matter anyway.      As far as the Relay or the Edison to me it's a toss up, both good spa's from good mnfgs.   

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:51:15 am »
Relay is a great value spa, it was one of their best sellers overall last year and your quoted price is very reasonable...good luck with the purchase and be sure to post some pics...good luck

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
Our week of wet testing is done, and we're down to two contenders.
Tested the Sundance Edison, Artesian/south seas 748L, Jacuzzi 335 and Hot Springs relay.
The Artesian is out- neither me nor the hubby liked the way it felt and I floated out of the lounger. The Jacuzzi is out, as we really wanted to test the 235 but they only had the 335 for testing. We liked it a lot, but not $2k more than the others and I'm not buying a model I can't test. The Sundance was great, and although I wanted a lounger they only had the non-lounger version. I didn't mind not having the lounge and since I floated out of the other sundance loungers I didn't mind not having it. The Hot Springs Relay was my favorite, and the pricing right now with a sale is coming in $400 under the Sundance, and $600 under a comparable Jacuzzi (the model I couldn't test).
So...Is $5999 a decent price for the Hot Spot Relay? That includes cover, cover lift, steps, Ozone, delivery, set up and chemicals.
Sundance wants $6495 for the Edison with financing, or $6294 without. I'll go back and test the Edison before I make my final decision but right now I'm leaning towards the Relay. Both dealers get good ratings both online and in person.
It's been three weeks of research, shopping and testing but I think I'm ready to pull the trigger. I could go either way so I'd love to hear any feedback.
thanks!
H

With lifter,steps and ozone added that is definitely a good price for the Relay.

hkc

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »
thanks all! We went back and tested the Sundance Edison tonight and I think we're leaning away from the lounger. We stretched out a million ways and felt we could get a similar experience and not give up a corner seat. Now it's down to the Edison or the Rhythm. My only problem is we can only test the relay (with the lounge) and while we liked that the foot jets are different in the rhythm and we don't like them as much as the Edison.
The upside to all this is that we've been in hot tubs all week and my back has never felt better! Tomorrow is D-day. I'll see if the Sundance dealer can match the deal I got with the Hot Springs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42