What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spaform Milano Hot Tub Heating Problem  (Read 3581 times)

colin

Spaform Milano Hot Tub Heating Problem
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:00 am »
Hi,
My Hot Tub is about 10 years old and recently started overheating.
The hot tub was overheating and eventually it tripped the circuit. An engineer came out and fitted a new heater element and it resolved the tripping issue.
However, when he left I set the temp to 35c but the Hot Tub heated to about 34c and then shut down with an OH sign displayed.
When I switched it back on it continues normally and after a while switched off again with the OH sign displayed.
In all cases the water was not overheating as I checked it with a thermometer and the temp. was correct.
I have removed the the filters and the gate valves are definitely open
Have tried to adjust the water flow switch but things got worst and now the hot tub keeps running after the set temp is reached and the heater element started to make a boiling noise
I have now shut it down
I do not think the engineer got to the original source of the problem (which may have caused the heater element to burn out in the first place).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Spaform Milano Hot Tub Heating Problem
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:00 am »

goneaway

Re: Spaform Milano Hot Tub Heating Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:28:57 am »
Hi Colin.

I'm no expert, so don't take a pinch of what I say to be of any expert advise, however, i do like to think that i'm analytically minded  :-X
If the water is only getting to 34 and you can hear the heater boiling, i'd suggest there may be a flow problem. Water doesn't boil at 34.
If it's boiling inside the heater chamber, then surely it can only be a flow problem.

colin

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:50:52 am »
Keat63
Many thanks, I sorted the flow problem out and have now identified the problem and posted a new thread

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:18:06 am »
STAY in the same thread. ESPECIALLY when it's all about the same problem. There's relevant information here, that you're likely to leave out in a new thread.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:18:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42