What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub does not switch off when achieving the set temperature  (Read 2501 times)

colin

Hi,
My Hot Tub is about 10 years old and recently started overheating.
I set it at 35c and when it got to 35c it kept running and went to 36c and was still running and it switched itself to the fast pump level and eventually showed an OH sign (although it had not over heated)
In all cases the water was not overheating as I checked it with a thermometer and the temp. was correct.
I have removed the the filters and the gate valves are definitely open
What would cause to keep running and the OH sign to come on when it has not overheated??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Colin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:19:08 pm by colin »

Hot Tub Forum

brillskill

Re: Hot Tub does not switch off when achieving the set temperature
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:44:13 am »
i aint no pro,,,but id bet thats a thermostat issue

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:09:05 pm »
First off if it says OH that does not mean that the body of water in the vessel has overheated. It means that the water inside of the heater tube is past the high limit that is set by the factory. But because you have good flow, I think? Then it is a bad signal. What would cause a bad signal and overheat code? A bad sensor or a short in the heater. You could have a thermostat going bad as mentioned but more likely a sensor in the heater itself. The only way to find out would be to take the sensor out and test it or just replace it is what I would do at ten years old. There should be 2, one for flow and one for high limit. If that is not the cure I would go next to the control box itself and make sure that it is functioning properly. I carry several controls that I can plug tub components into and check function with the test control box. You can look closely at your control board and make sure there is no burnt relays but I think a professional may be called for in this case.
Retired

colin

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply - you have been really helpful. Colin

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42