What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Step by Step Diagnostic for "FLO" error J-350  (Read 6446 times)

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Step by Step Diagnostic for "FLO" error J-350
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »
Hi All.  I have a Jacuzzi J350 and my display is flashig "FLO" on it, and my temperature adjustment does not work.

When I turn on the main pumps, they all work fine.

I know of a few reasons why I would get this error, but would like to know what steps, and in what order, I should follow in order to attempt to diagnose the problem.

I'll try to follow some logic that a "Pro" would, and if I can't isolate the problem, I'll have to call in a Tech.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hot Tub Forum

Step by Step Diagnostic for "FLO" error J-350
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Step by Step Diagnostic for "FLO" error J-350
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 05:46:48 pm »
I went away on a weeks vacation just as this happened so I threw a good dose of shock into the tub and turne3d off the main breaker to the tub.

When I came back, just for kicks, I turned the breaker back on and got no "FLO" error !

When I left for work in the morning I went ahead and cranked up the heat setting to 99 and when I gto home, still no "FLO" error and the tub was up to 99 degrees.

I could not detect any bubbles at all coming out of the return jet so I stuck my hand in there and could feel the water being pumped out good and strong.  I cranked the heat up to 104 and felt the heater kick on and push out the hotter water.  But still no bubbles.

All the other jest stiil work fine too.

I don't know why it fixed itself, but it did.  But now I have to investigate the "no bubble".  Last time it happend, the check valves in the Ozone venturi line were shot.

I'll check the check valves and the clear plastic hose that injects the Ozone and see if thats the problem with the bubbles.

I installed a new Ozone maker about 4-5- years ago and perhaps that is bad too.  I think 5 years is the life expectancy of the Ozone units.

I was all ready to bypass the flow switch and had figured at the very least I'd have to get a new flow switch and, maybe, a new circulating pump.

But if all I need is new check valves in the ozone injector line it's not so bad.  I actually have a spare OEM Ozone ubnit in the bix becasue last time I needed one, I was told Jacuzzi stopped making them so I bought two.  Otherwise I'd get a DEL50 Ozone unit.

Anyway... I'll post back what I discover about the "bubble trouble".

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 05:39:59 am »
Have you checked your filter/s? Have you changed them out or cleaned them?
Retired

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:37:23 am »
Yes.  That's the first thing I did was to remove the filters and clean them.  They were in good shape when I removed them, but I cleaned them anyway just to be sure it wasn't the filters.

Thanks.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »
Next time it happens try running it with the filters out. How old are they?
Retired

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:09 pm »
I almost tried running it with the filter out, but since they looked pretty clean, I cleaned them well and put them back in.

They are pretty old.....  I'm guessing a couple of years actually.

Do you think it's worth it to throw two new filters in ??

I have 2 new ones on hand.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 04:29:50 am »
See if you get the flow error again first.
Retired

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:37 am »
OK... Will do.

So far... so good.   No FLO error message since I shut the tub down for a week and turned it back on again.

I still have not had a chance to look at the check-valve.  But I'm pretty certain it's closed up.

Or.... the hose has gotten so nasty it's blocked up.  It's amazing what the Ozone/Acid does to that plastic hose.

I think I can pick up some new tubing at Home Depot to replace it if necessary and I have some new check valves on hand.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »
good idea
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 07:48:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42