What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 97 Sundance Spa  (Read 2409 times)

mpc_mhayes

97 Sundance Spa
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:33 am »
Ok just got a Free 97 Sundance Cameo. I replaced the Main pump it was locked up and leaking. Now I let the hot tub run for about 15 mins and then get the FLO message.

How much pressure does the outlet pipe flowing from the heater need to have. It was just bubbling. So I took the line off the heater and flushed it good with a hose. Now I have Big bubbles . Should it have more of a flow like the main jet? The Flow switch is run off the same line as the heater. And if it has a problem it would cause the FLO.

The filter is 3 days old.

I am thinking there may be a clog somewhere

Hot Tub Forum

97 Sundance Spa
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:33 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 97 Sundance Spa
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 08:23:16 am »
The flow switch is usually clear -

can you see if the little flapper is up against the plastic stick when your circ pump is running? If not, then you do have a flow issue. Check for obstructions, check the circ pump itself.

If the flapper IS up against the stick, then you have a bad flow switch.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mpc_mhayes

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:29:24 pm »
the flow switch is Hard PVC. Cant see in it. But I am thinking its a clog. I don't have much Flow coming out of the jet from the heater/Flow switch line. Main thing I am asking is how much flow should there be? Same as the main jet?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:13 am »
I'm not sure how much flow - on a HotSpring we put a little adapter over the return fitting and it should fill a gallon jug in under 30 seconds - but I don't know the flow rate on a Sundance.

This may not sound like an answer, but you need enough flow to close the flow switch...

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:25:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42