What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hip jets  (Read 6888 times)

somewhereinkansas

hip jets
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:16 am »
I tried a search on here and didn't really find anything so I thought I would ask. I'm looking for a hot tub with jets on the side of the hips and legs. Preferably in a lounge seat but an upright seat would do. Can someone point me to some examples of brands or models that have these? I've run across a couple but I thought a little help from some knowledgeable people might speed up my search. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

hip jets
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:16 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: hip jets
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:49 am »
 Welcome!   Hip jets are hard to find in spa's.  You might take a look at Artesian spa's,  might find something you like, and an overall good brand.

mjb

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:37:45 pm »
If you have a Sundance Spas dealer nearby
check out the Optima and Cameo models.
They may have what you are looking for.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:43 pm »
I tried a search on here and didn't really find anything so I thought I would ask. I'm looking for a hot tub with jets on the side of the hips and legs. Preferably in a lounge seat but an upright seat would do. Can someone point me to some examples of brands or models that have these? I've run across a couple but I thought a little help from some knowledgeable people might speed up my search. Thanks.

I've never even heard of hip jets specifically. You might need to find a spa that has some jets in a spot where you can manuver yourself to turn them into hip jets. I know you're looking for something very specific which may narrow things down for you but still make sure you like the entire spa and that its well made and energy efficient.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

somewhereinkansas

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »
this is about the best example I've found. the first link gives a description of the spa and the second link is the specific picture I'm looking at. The Signature XLS spa has 6 jets on the seat in the upper left hand corner that are placed along the outside of the hips and thighs.

http://atlantageorgiahottubs.com/Hot_Tub_Spa_Selection.html
http://atlantageorgiahottubs.com/images/ad73cbadefde38434a70fbef6ff52577_u2ge.jpg

this Madrid spa has 2 jets on each side in the upper left hand seat and the lounger.

http://www.affordablespas.com/Madrid.html

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:37:32 am »
Welcome!   Hip jets are hard to find in spa's.  You might take a look at Artesian spa's,  might find something you like, and an overall good brand.

That was my conclusion as well as this is where my arthritis really flares up.  In my first and 2nd tubs I ended up being creative to find hip jets.  At 6'1 I can sit on the bottom of my tub and still have my head above water. In both my tubs I set on the boot and use the foot jets as my hip jets.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 11:14:04 am »
Clearwater Spas makes a couple with what you are looking for and they are a great tub.  Here is just one example:

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/index.cfm/product/14_2/cabo---signature.cfm

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:04 am »
In HotSpring Spas, ALL our jets are hip.

OK - bad joke. But be sure to look at the scenario Bill is describing. You can get good hip massage from quite a distance if the jets are potent enough - and as he said, sometimes that means using a foot jet and sitting low. This might be best tested wet.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Water Boy

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »
You might check out Arctic Spas and Coyote Spas. They have lots of options with hip jets. Some with loungers and some without. I noticed that you are in Kansas. I am a Arctic Spa dealer in Topeka if you would like to see some of these models in person. You are also welcome to wet test any of our models. But, here are a few that have the hip jets. You can see them all at www.arcticspas.com

These all have loungers. On the Arctic Spas, most of the seats with the hip jets are in the main shuttle seats, where as some of the Coyote options have the hip jets in the loungers.
Cub Legend
Klondiker Legend, Legend Select, or Epic
Coyote Tucson
Coyote Santa Fe
Coyote Escondido

Some of the no lounger options that have hip jets would be:
Summit Legend, Legend Select, or Epic
Tundra Legend, Legend Select, or Epic
Glacier Legend

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck in your search for the perfect spa!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:23:07 pm by Water Boy »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »
A few years ago I was in Rome installing one of our wooden hot tubs for a long time customer. Every thing about our tubs is customized...typically bench height and jet location. Took a while to get the height of the bench correct for them, but we finally got it. Then it came to figuring out where they wanted the jets. "Husband" had to get back to the office, didn't really care where the jets were and decided to leave it up to me and his wife. He spoke perfect English...she, not so. Got down to were to locate the final jet and she she tells me she wants this one to be a "special jet for the ladies"... We had a brief conversation about this "special jet for the ladies". I did the most AMAZING job of remaining calm keeping a straight face. The conversation continued as she tried to translate her native Italian into English. We talked about pressure, the angle it needed to be at, how the temperature of the water coming out would be effected by the heater and possible heat loss through the pipes. Finally she gets into the dry hot tub and positions herself up against the side to determine it's exact location. After a few moments, she looks up at me with a smile on her face and says, "Right here should be perfecto. It will do wonders for my sore hips".

Hips? Who'da imagined this is what all women want from that, "special jet".

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42