What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help getting Ozonator JED 103 to work - LX-25 (Diamante/Spa Builder) Spa  (Read 5187 times)

Jason2JS

Hopefully someone out there knows what the problem is. Please, I need some help! The gist of the problem is that I can't seem to get my JED 103 Ozonator to work. I was told by the spa technician that fixed my pump that I needed a eprom chip revision to get the circuit board to turn the ozonator on. Here are the specifics of the spa. It is a pretty old spa that was given to me and I have been learning and fixing as I go along. When I ran into one problem I couldn't figure out I hired SpaBusters of Phoenix to come out, they found some faulty wiring, about 4 inches of 110 line spliced into the power line for the pump, which is 220v/240v. It was hidden by electrical tape and it resulted in killing the starter switch on a new pump I bought. They said my sundance pump was better than the waterway I had purchased and alluded it would be cheap to replace the ball bearings and get it working; $160 didn't seem that cheap to me. Anyway this thing is a Frankenstein and I'm trying to get it working.
  • Old Sundance Spa - The only part of the spa that is still Sundance is the shell & the pump.
  • 220v/240v one pump spa
  • Circuit board is a LX-25 (Labeled Diamante Spa on the Panel) - Spa Builder is manufacturer
  • Ozonator - JED 103 (Replaced the UV type that was hooked up)
  • No blower or circulating pump - temperature (mode is stuck on that, either that or I can't figure out how to change that) mode which kicks on a few times a day.
So the JED 103 is plugged in and the light on the plug and the unit is on. I can blow through the tube and air comes out of a port in the spa. Back-flow preventer is installed and hartford loop. But no ozonator air bubbles come through that port when the Spa kicks on the pump (lowest speed) to circulate and raise temp.

I have called the manufacturer of the LX-25 (Spa Builder) board and the tech support guy I got said that it is on and working (total tool, how does he "know" its working especially when I tell him it is not). That was in an attempt to order the chip but I don't know what chip revision to get, I seem to have the latest and that tech support guy at Spa Builders was useless.

• Sticker on the chip:
  • LX-25
  • R052P2SC
What I understand is that I need a different chip to fix the issue my board only turns the ozonator on when it is in circulation mode and since I don't have a circ pump the revision must not be turning a circ pump circuit on at all.  So what do ya say guys did I give enough information for you to tell me the problem? Thanks in advance!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Jason2JS

Anyone know anything about this board? Thanks!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
You say the light on the plug and the light on the ozonator is on... Then, the ozonator IS working. The ozonator is passive, in that it doesn't push air into the spa. It's simply a box, that produces ozone. Something else has to extract the ozone from "the box". The spa pulls air from the ozonator, usually by way of a mazzi injector. The issue you're having is most likely being caused by a faulty injector.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jason2JS

Hi Dr. Spa. I was under the impression that a Venturi/Mazzei injector requires a circulation pump. Is that not true? Thanks for the help.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
See the bottom of the diagram where it says "water flow"? Water has to be flowing to create the vacuum in the injector to pull in the ozone. Any pump will do as long at the injector is properly sized.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42