What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can the motor on your pump be rebuilt?  (Read 2588 times)

xring600

Can the motor on your pump be rebuilt?
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:01:10 pm »
I have a waterway insulated wet end pump model number sd-15-2n11cd. The pump is sporadic in operation and I am sure it has almost seen the end of its life. My question can you have the pump rebuilt? It pumps good when operating so its not the wet end but the actual mechanical section of the pump.

Hot Tub Forum

Can the motor on your pump be rebuilt?
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:01:10 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Can the motor on your pump be rebuilt?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »
You can separate the motor (electric spinner thing) from the pump (wet end) and get either rebuilt, however, in this ady and age getting new ones can be as efficient and possible less costly. How old is the tub? And what brand? You have the seal between the two and the longevity of the wet end to consider. If your going to pull out a motor/seal/pump it may be better to replace them all.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:50:11 am »
I do rebuild some pumps for people - I have all the pullers and special tools to remove/replace bearings, and a shelf unit full of bearings (actually only two cover most motors), start capacitors and switches. I have done TONS of them.

But having said that, you must keep in mind that if you have a motor rebuilt your money goes into my pocket in the form of labor. If you buy a new motor, your money walks out the door with you in the form of ALL new bits: new winding, new case, new bearings, new electronics, and you may choose to upgrade to a better (more efficient) motor.

Food for thought.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:50:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42