What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thoughts on Sundance Optima  (Read 6797 times)

Brp72

Thoughts on Sundance Optima
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »
Hi guys.... I have narrowed my spa search down to the Sundance Optima vs Hot Springs Pulse.

Anybody have the Optima and is it worth the extra $?  Dealer here in St. Louis quoted me $10,575 for the Optima and $9100 for the Pulse.  Are these good prices?  Opinions welcome

Hot Tub Forum

Thoughts on Sundance Optima
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

bimmerdog

Re: Thoughts on Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:57 am »
I own a 2013 Optima since February.  We have missed 5 days of not using it since it was delivered.  We were looking at the Hot Springs Aria which I loved.  When we wet tested the Hot Springs Aria, I really liked it but the wife could not stay in the seat when the jets were on.  She didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of the tub.

The other wet test was with the Optima.  Definitely had more room then the Aria and the Optima cost more.  The HUGE deal for us was the middle foot well the Optima had.  My wife could use the raised foot well to help keep her in the seat with the jets on high.  We both felt the jets in the Optima were better suited for what we were looking for.  For the three months that we have owned the Optima I could not be happier. 

I did a lot of research on the Clearray system and have been told by the "professionals" on here that it is a waste of money and does nothing but cost money every year to replace the bulb but I can say something is working well to help keep my water clear.  The really funny part about all the negative comments about the Clearray system I have heard is I use less chemicals in my tub with twice the use as a neighbor with the "other" system.  I won't say what tub he has to keep from getting slammed on here by some but it is the #1 hot tub seller and its a 2012 model.   

To be very honest with you and this will piss off the guys that will blast what I have typed but you will not go wrong with either tub or company.  To me it will always come down to three things.  Your budget.  The wet test.  The dealer.  The hot tub has added great enjoyment for the wife and I and many neighbors that seem to stop by now with their swim suits on.

Wannatub

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:40:48 am »
The Pulse is fom Hot Springs Limelight series. It seems to me that a more valid comaprison  would be the Sundance Chelsee since it's from their 780 series.  We looked at both of these and tested an Optima while we were shopping.  The sales guy said the Chelsee and Optima would feel pretty similar but he wouldn't have a new Chelsee for us to see until the end of April so we kept shopping and ended up with something else.   I was in fact price shopping for a Pulse when we went in a different direction, and I think you could probably get your dealer to sharpen his pencil a litltle bit if he really wants sell you the Pulse.  (I was trying to beat $8.800 in NH)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:15:28 am »
Hi guys.... I have narrowed my spa search down to the Sundance Optima vs Hot Springs Pulse.

Anybody have the Optima and is it worth the extra $?  Dealer here in St. Louis quoted me $10,575 for the Optima and $9100 for the Pulse.  Are these good prices?  Opinions welcome

You’re looking at popular models from two of the better spa makers but you haven't mentioned a wet test. You're smart to ask around for what others think about how they like their spas but that takes a back seat to what you will find in a wet test. Soooo many times I've seen people say they were about to buy a certain spa until they wet tested and found that it didn't work for them or that another worked better. Take the extra step and if wet testing multiple spas try to test them the same day or at least the same weekend.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brp72

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »
Great points by everyone.  We did west test a Hot Springs Envoy (they didn't have a Vanguard) and we didn't care much for the moto massage and I didn't fit that well in the corner seats...me being 6'4".  We sat in the Optima dry and it immediately felt a lot more comfy.  To me the Pulse was a cheaper imitation of the Optima and I wasn't blown away by it.

Not sure what to think of the Clearray system but if it works for you bimmer dog I am hopeful that I have the same experience.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »
Great points by everyone.  We did west test a Hot Springs Envoy (they didn't have a Vanguard) and we didn't care much for the moto massage and I didn't fit that well in the corner seats...me being 6'4".  We sat in the Optima dry and it immediately felt a lot more comfy.  To me the Pulse was a cheaper imitation of the Optima and I wasn't blown away by it.

Not sure what to think of the Clearray system but if it works for you bimmer dog I am hopeful that I have the same experience.

depending on the cost a good ozonator is just as good of an option, Clear-Ray is a system that uses a UV bulb to Sterilize...it is not a sanitizer so you still must maintain at least 1ppm chlorine or bromine in the water at all times and make sure you run your circ pump as much as possible because when its not operating the clearray is not functioning...ozone and clearray will both allow you to use less chemicals, to me it strictly comes down to price, I believe a good ozonator sells for $150-$250 online (a little more from a dealer, depending on brand and output) not sure what the current price on a clearray is...good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42