What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you own a Nordic, are the jets comfortable?  (Read 11806 times)

BnB Lady

If you own a Nordic, are the jets comfortable?
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:03 am »
I'm thinking about getting a Nordic but can't wet test one anywhere in my area. The jets are not as flat as other hot tubs; they have a kind of plastic strip over the stainless steel that turns ...  If you own a Nordic, can you tell me if this is okay or uncomfortable when the water is on?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

If you own a Nordic, are the jets comfortable?
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:03 am »

brillskill

Re: If you own a Nordic, are the jets comfortable?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:59 am »
if you are considering buying one heres a link they will give you an additional 10% off plus 10% in store credit....http://www.wayfair.com/Nordic-Hot-Tubs-C1776228.html?redir=nordic+hot+tub&rtype=6&dept=&ust=

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:36 pm »
When the jets are on high speed you won't be able to feel the jets because of the force of the water.  I have sold a lot of Nordic's and have never gotten a complaint.  I also have owned two different ones and have never felt the jets being uncomfortable.  I have had a Bella and currently I have a Retreat SE

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:17 pm »
I'm thinking about getting a Nordic but can't wet test one anywhere in my area. The jets are not as flat as other hot tubs; they have a kind of plastic strip over the stainless steel that turns ...  If you own a Nordic, can you tell me if this is okay or uncomfortable when the water is on?

Thanks.

If you look closely you will see some jets are recessed because they are corner seats and seats where there is ample distance between teh jet face and the outside of the spa where they can recess the jets back because there is plenty of space for the rear wall fittings.

Where there are jets on seats along the sides of the spa the jets are not recessed undoubtedly because the rear wall fittings of the jets would hit the outside panels. Its a design issue, I'm not sure why they didn't design around this but maybe those are old molds used for these models, you'll have to decide if that matters if some are and some aren't. This issue really is more when the jets are off and you're sitting in the spa relaxing but when the jet pumps are turned on you won't notice it nearly as much but being someone who sits there with the pumps off a lot I'm not a big fan of unrecessed jets.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »
Less engineering goes into value tubs. You get what you pay for.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 05:39:11 pm »
Which model are you looking at because I just looked at the few I have on my floor and the jets are recessed in.  I think maybe on the escape they are not recessed.  As far as getting what you pay for.  You are right they are not meant to be a 10K Hot Spring or Jacuzzi.  That's not what they compete against but they are made to compete against the Value tubs on the market.  They are as nice as the hot spot or Jacuzzi 200 series plus the warranty is better.  I have been selling them for a number of years and I get very few warranty calls.  In my opinion they are one of the better so called value tubs that will beat most tubs in that price range

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:31 pm »
I like Nordic don't get me wrong. I think they are one of the best value tubs out there.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »
Which model are you looking at because I just looked at the few I have on my floor and the jets are recessed in.  I think maybe on the escape they are not recessed.  As far as getting what you pay for.  You are right they are not meant to be a 10K Hot Spring or Jacuzzi.  That's not what they compete against but they are made to compete against the Value tubs on the market.  They are as nice as the hot spot or Jacuzzi 200 series plus the warranty is better.  I have been selling them for a number of years and I get very few warranty calls.  In my opinion they are one of the better so called value tubs that will beat most tubs in that price range

I agree, they're not supposed to compete with premium spas in any way. There is nothing wrong with spas like Nordic and Freeflow that get mentioned as lower priced options a lot, those type spas have their place for people who are on a budget. If you're in that $3000, 4000 to maybe close to $5000 or so range they will do the trick though I wouldn't consider them over a Hot Spot or J-200 series spa but those are more anyway and thats just me. They may not have great hydrotherapy and they're fairly simple but they do the trick and they do tend to last.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:45:40 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »
Check out there newer models spa tech. The encore premium and retreat se is right there with. The hot spots. I would agree however that their lower end ones aren't as nice as the hotspots but their premium models compare nicely.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42