What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on Which Brand to Buy ?  (Read 3692 times)

BnB Lady

Advice on Which Brand to Buy ?
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »
I need to replace a very old broken Jacuzzi spa on my deck and wondering what's the best brand for me. It has to be at or only inches larger than 7 x 7 foot and seat 6. I live upstate NY, winters are 20s and teens. I need to go as cheap as possible but I also need to get something that will endure in the weather and especially be low cost to operate in terms of insulation and electric costs. The spa will be used only on weekends and not even every weekend for my B&B. Thanks for your advice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:20:42 pm by BnB Lady »

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on Which Brand to Buy ?
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »

rin-spa-aic

Re: Please Advise Me on a Outdoor Hot Tub Brand
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »
Specified to seat six and actually seating 6 comfortably are different things.

I was looking for a spa that size too on a "budget". These were my local findings:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16022.msg170929.html#msg170929

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Advice on Which Brand to Buy ?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »
I need to replace a very old broken Jacuzzi spa on my deck and wondering what's the best brand for me. It has to be at or only inches larger than 7 x 7 foot and seat 6. I live upstate NY, winters are 20s and teens. I need to go as cheap as possible but I also need to get something that will endure in the weather and especially be low cost to operate in terms of insulation and electric costs. The spa will be used only on weekends and not even every weekend for my B&B. Thanks for your advice.

7' Square is a common enough size so you should haev plenty of options. Don't let price be the final decider, energy efficiecny is key which is why I'd still look for dealers that carry the top brands (Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance ...) because and most spa companies will have a product line for those who aren't looking for bling but have a budget to stick to.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BnB Lady

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:46:22 pm »
So of all these popular brands, which one maintains heat, uses least electric to maintain when not in use, and has the least breakdowns?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »
So of all these popular brands, which one maintains heat, uses least electric to maintain when not in use, and has the least breakdowns?

There is no "best" spa out there but there are some that stand out as among the best IMO and I listed what I would look at if I were you. Having lived half my life in Central NY (Utica area) I know energy efficancy is huge and all I listed are fully insulated spas that will be energy efficient and are quality made (there are others, thats just my personal list). You'll have to see who is in your area for one thing but every spa website has a dealer locator. You will be tempted by all kinds of options out there but don't buy just based on price for obvious quality differences but also because the difference between a well insulated spa and a poorly one can be $50 to $100 a month depending on the time of year, energy rates, etc.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42