What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub is always wet around outside ?????  (Read 8834 times)

mandtra

Hot tub is always wet around outside ?????
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »
My two week old Alps. 90x90  with a 6 to 4 cover  hot tub is always wet around the outside. It sits on a concrete pad and sits under a gazebo. Here in GA it got in the 70`s today but it is always wet . I have took all 4 panels off two times now and can't find not even a drop of water inside .  Could it be condensation ?  Or steam dripping down from the cover .  The bottom on this brand of spa is a solid PVC bottom that is very thick and about 3" tall all the way around ,like a giant bowl.     ,so I would think to leak and flow out it would have to fill up the whole bottom before being able to run out onto the concrete.   I have asked everyone I know about spas sweating and everyone says it must be a leak , but inside it seems totally dry .   What do you think ?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub is always wet around outside ?????
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:47 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot tub is always wet around outside ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »
 How much water are you adding weekly?   With normal use you should be topping off a few gallons a week depending on how many people are using it.

If you have to top it off everyday then I would say there might be something going on.      You could also mark the waterline and not use the tub for 3 or 4 days and see if it drops..

mandtra

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:33:45 pm »
I'm not really having to add that much water ,usually its only when we have 4 to 5 people in the tub at the same time and the water splashes out.   I did notice today that the corner of the cover isn't sitting all the way down on the tub surface.  So I attached the straps and pulled it down tight and will check it again tomorrow

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 08:33:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42