What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just got Voyager Spa  (Read 12053 times)

Terry Action

Just got Voyager Spa
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »
Some of you might remember me from this thread, when I had gotten Spa N A Box. Well, the heater broke with an "OH" reading, and despite replacing two parts bought on eBay, it didn't help.

Rather than pay $450ish for a new power pack, I came across a Voyager Spa from someone (not sure if it's a 1 or 2, but pic is below). Does anyone know anything at all about this? It is also portable. However, while also 6' in diameter, it is deeper, holding 400 gallons compared to 280, and has steps. It also seems to have a timer, and you can run the jets in two settings (low setting allows you to have heat and jets at the same time).

Anyway, it got filled up with cold hose water, and it's up to 80 degrees at the moment. Any info or comments (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. :)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:02:26 pm by Terry Action »

Hot Tub Forum

Just got Voyager Spa
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:01 pm »

brillskill

Re: Just got Voyager Spa
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »

Terry Action

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »
Well, it looks like those reviews are very mixed. Hopefully, I'll be one of the luckier ones. :)

brillskill

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »
dont know anything about the tub..but it looks like i would try and get a hard cover for it

Terry Action

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »
Do you guys see those metal bands on the top and bottom of the tub? Well, they go around and then you tighten them. Well, I over-tightened and the screw on the top band snapped. Do you think Home Depot has anything like this? What would they be called? I would prefer a replacement, but perhaps I can unweld and get just the snap and screw? Any idea what that's called?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 10:58:04 pm »
Whats it look like? I see the band but what does the fastener look like? Banding and clips are available at several places but your particular clip (fastener) may be different.
Retired

Terry Action

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:54 pm »
dont know anything about the tub..but it looks like i would try and get a hard cover for it

Oh I want to, but with the motor half in/half out it would have to be custom.

goneaway

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:21 am »
I looked at those straps, they are a tad expensive at $250.
I also notice that they are stainless (makes sense), so welding in a new retainer, isn't going to be easy, and unless you replace the nut and bolt with stainless, you're going to suffer from corrosion and potential unsightly staining.
A picture of the bust screw might help, maybe someone knows of something similar ?

Regarding the pump. I assume this doesn't just lift out ?

Terry Action

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 09:40:14 am »
I looked at those straps, they are a tad expensive at $250.
I also notice that they are stainless (makes sense), so welding in a new retainer, isn't going to be easy, and unless you replace the nut and bolt with stainless, you're going to suffer from corrosion and potential unsightly staining.
A picture of the bust screw might help, maybe someone knows of something similar ?

Regarding the pump. I assume this doesn't just lift out ?

I've actually been lazy the last 5 months and have been using it without the top strap. I'll figure something out soon, or give it to someone to make something into it to get it like it was (or similar).

As for the motor, it does lift out, but then it couldn't be on when the top is on.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:37 pm »
Here's a manufacturer of the type of band you have;

http://www.band-it-idex.com

No idea where you might be able to buy one....but that should be a start
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:33 pm »
Grainger sells banding and clamps.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42