What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Owner Seeking Advice  (Read 3750 times)

LisaN75

First Time Owner Seeking Advice
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:31:17 am »
First of all I've got to say this is an excellent forum for information and I wish that I have found you months ago when we first started our search. I've enjoyed everyone's questions/comments for the past couple of weeks and I'm sure I'll have some of my own once we are up and running next week.

We are first time owners patiently awaiting the arrival of our 2012 Hot Spring Envoy and are expecting to have more company stop by after installation. ;)  My question is what are some of your "must do's"  or "rules" you have in place for your hot tub.  In addition to my husband and I, occasionally there will be other adults and children enjoying the hot tub with us.  Any advice will be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

First Time Owner Seeking Advice
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:31:17 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: First Time Owner Seeking Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:03:25 am »
First of all I've got to say this is an excellent forum for information and I wish that I have found you months ago when we first started our search. I've enjoyed everyone's questions/comments for the past couple of weeks and I'm sure I'll have some of my own once we are up and running next week.

We are first time owners patiently awaiting the arrival of our 2012 Hot Spring Envoy and are expecting to have more company stop by after installation. ;)  My question is what are some of your "must do's"  or "rules" you have in place for your hot tub.  In addition to my husband and I, occasionally there will be other adults and children enjoying the hot tub with us.  Any advice will be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!

You'll learn water care as you go and your dealer will help you out but besides the normal check your ph, alkalinity, clean filters, etc. there are some things that you'll find out will cause your water issues if you're haiving friends, neighbors and relatives join in the fun such as detergent residue from bathing suits (run through rinse cyce only) and realizing anything that applied to the skin gets in the water like sun block, skin moisturizers, make-up, etc and even shampoo residual especially from kids with long hair (teen aged girls can really screw up the water in other words). You could hose everyone off before they get in but that might take the fun out of it all so just understand it and control it to whatever degree you feel necessary without worrying too much.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

LisaN75

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:12:25 pm »
Great point about rinsing swimsuits.  That's something I wouldn't have thought of.  We plan on rinsing off and will make a point of having our guests do so also.  I don't think it's too much to ask for.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »
In addition to the rinsing of the suits, if you make an adjustment to the PH of the water, wait 24 hours before checking it again. It takes a while to change and you risk over correcting and chasing the value.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42