What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearwater Ultra Fuse Blowing  (Read 3644 times)

jc29ems

Clearwater Ultra Fuse Blowing
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:48 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I am having an issue with my Clearwater Ultra Hot Tub. This tub is equipped with three separate motors to run the jets and then another circulating motor. The tub is about 7 years old.

The issue I have been having is a fuse blowing on the circuit board. The fuse is a 20A 250v fuse that from what I can determine runs the circulating pump and pump #3. I don't have any electrical prints to see what else might be hooked up to it. The tub is also equipped with an ozone generator. I am not sure if that is on this fuse or not. But the issue I have is the tub starts up fine but I believe ever 12 hours all the motors start up for a minute and run. When the third motor kicks on the fuse blows thus killing the circulating pump. I have swapped motor #1 and #3 to eliminate that it is a bad motor. Could it be a bad circulating motor? It was briefly tested by a electrician and he said it seemed ok.

I began having issues late last summer and then the tub ran fine all winter and I now began to have issues again all of a sudden. Sometimes the motors will all start with no fuses being blown, at other times this fuse blows. Any feedback someone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I really don't have to have to replace parts without knowing that is absolutely the problem.

Hot Tub Forum

Clearwater Ultra Fuse Blowing
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:32:48 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Clearwater Ultra Fuse Blowing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »
 Lots of places to start.   Start unplugging chit and see if it stops blowing the fuse, start with the ozone if you have one, then the heater.   Next pump one and so on..    is this dedicated to a 220v GFCI or?   

jc29ems

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »
Yes it is a dedicated 220v.

Pump 1 and 2 still work when the fuse blows and the heater still works as well. Currently I have pump 3 disconnected and the ozone disonnected. Letting it run like that for a day and then I am going to pump something in. Electrical prints would be great because I don't know whats on this circuit. Not sure which one the ozone is connected to.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42