What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: motor comes on ...no water from jets  (Read 4020 times)

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
motor comes on ...no water from jets
« on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »
Hi Gang- been a long time
I have a Niagra
I was changing water, emptied refilled and then started the chemicals when I went to use the clean mode, I could here the motor come on but no water from the jests.  I then tried motor1 and motor 2.  2 is a two speed and works fine, one does the same.  I am assuming one and clean are using the same pumps.  Air works fina also.  any ideas on why you would here the pump but no jet water?
Thanks
BTW it was working fine before the water change.

Pete 8)

Hot Tub Forum

motor comes on ...no water from jets
« on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:37 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: motor comes on ...no water from jets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »
I have a Niagra
I was changing water, emptied refilled and then started the chemicals when I went to use the clean mode, I could here the motor come on but no water from the jests.  I then tried motor1 and motor 2.  2 is a two speed and works fine, one does the same.  I am assuming one and clean are using the same pumps.  Air works fina also.  any ideas on why you would here the pump but no jet water?
Thanks

Pete 8)

You have an air lock. You need to loosen the upper nut on the pump a little at a time until you hear air escape.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:17:38 am »
Thanks, I will try it....when I figure out how m :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:28 pm »
I have a Niagra
Thanks

Pete 8)

There's a small bleeder nut (square) on the top or side of the pump that when loosened will expel air until water flows. Be prepared to close it quickly to avoid a mess. Next time make sure to fill through the filter.
Retired

MsJillian

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »
There's few reasons why this is happening..
Air lock in suction line - Check horizontal piping between well and pump. If it does not pitch upward from well to pump, an air lock may form. Rearrange piping to eliminate air lock.
Low well level - Check well depth against pump performance table to make sure pump and ejector are properly sized. If undersized, replace pump or ejector.
Leak in air volume control or tubing - Disconnect air volume control tubing at pump and plug hole. If capacity increases, a leak exists in the tubing of control. Tighten all fittings and replace control if necessary.

This is where I check parts I need - great deals! http://www.gopoolandspa.com/Pumps-Circulation/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42