What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any rodent issues?  (Read 4084 times)

donl1150

Any rodent issues?
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »
New to the hot tub world.  Currently trying to decide on our first spa.  One of my concerns here in Minnesota is that of mice (year round) and chipmunks (primarily summer). We live in a wooded area with lakeshore as well, another contributing factor.....and no cats around.

We are leaning towards a Hot Springs Prodigy.  It seems most spas are well enclosed but those critters are ingenious and can find their way into most areas.  How has your experience been in this regard?  Thanks!

Don

Hot Tub Forum

Any rodent issues?
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:48:35 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Any rodent issues?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:03:07 am »
New to the hot tub world.  Currently trying to decide on our first spa.  One of my concerns here in Minnesota is that of mice (year round) and chipmunks (primarily summer). We live in a wooded area with lakeshore as well, another contributing factor.....and no cats around.

We are leaning towards a Hot Springs Prodigy.  It seems most spas are well enclosed but those critters are ingenious and can find their way into most areas.  How has your experience been in this regard?  Thanks!

Don

We take measures to avoid this. The bottom has a hard coat that they can't get through and the equipment compartment has a thick metal screen where the pwoer comes in, the dealer can show you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:13 pm »

Don

We take measures to avoid this. The bottom has a hard coat that they can't get through and the equipment compartment has a thick metal screen where the pwoer comes in, the dealer can show you.

Makes sense, in 10 years of ownerships I've not had a rodent problem. I've only had wasps try to build nests in spots that were covered, or ants using the tub to cross ground instead of the hot concrete.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

clover

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »
For those who are looking for a solution to this common problem http://www.earth-kind.com/products/ they developed a "potpourri" packet that farmers use to keep the critters out of their equipment in the winter months.  We use it in Hot Tubs where we find dropping and evidence of invasion.  It has proven to be very effective.

Great item for dealers to have on hand.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 03:08:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42