What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian South Seas or Cal Spas Connect Select  (Read 6364 times)

acm783

Artesian South Seas or Cal Spas Connect Select
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:43:58 pm »
Looking to buy first hot tub, and based on price and features our choices are 2013 Artesian South Seas 8' 50 jet for $7k or 2012 "left over" Cal Spas Connect Select 7' 46 jet for $6500. Both include cover, cover lift, steps.
Anyone have any input/advice? They seem pretty similar in features and size (1ft and 4 jet difference only) but cannot find detailed reviews on these two.

Thanks!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian South Seas or Cal Spas Connect Select
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:43:58 pm »

brillskill

Re: Artesian South Seas or Cal Spas Connect Select
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:11:05 pm »
Don't know,,but I'll tell ya the forum guys are def going to tell you to stay away from cal spas,.i recently bought a cal and love it but they all said cal was no good

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »
Cal Spa has a bad reputation. It started long ago with their failed 2 sided pump and a lousy factory backing. They seem to be more of a mass merchant type tub and have made some progress towards quality but, still a ways to go to get to the big boys with long standing reputations of quality and longevity. I have disposed of many less than 10 year old Cals with some only 5-6 years old.

Artesian is not a very well known brand and I have only seen a couple in my almost 30 years in the plumbing industry, 10 or so independently servicing and repairing hot tubs. I know of a few on here and other forums that have them and love them. They seem to be slightly better than middle of the road in quality. All this is nothing more than my opinion. Take it or leave it.
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »
Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:16:37 am »
Looking to buy first hot tub, and based on price and features our choices are 2013 Artesian South Seas 8' 50 jet for $7k or 2012 "left over" Cal Spas Connect Select 7' 46 jet for $6500. Both include cover, cover lift, steps.
Anyone have any input/advice? They seem pretty similar in features and size (1ft and 4 jet difference only) but cannot find detailed reviews on these two.

Thanks!!!

If you have two choices and one if Cal most spa pros will by default go with the other choice without maybe even hearing what it is (unless maybe its Master or Thermospas). There are simply better options out there than Cal.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:43:49 pm »
Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian Artesian

X2

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 02:11:11 pm »

X2

I think the voting will go to Artesian in this matchup.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chiadrum

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »
For the record we were looking at a used CalSpa so I consulted the local dealer who USED to sell them.
She said,run don't walk away from that deal.They dropped the line after 3 years,she said they were a nightmare through and through.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 01:10:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42