What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs UNadjustable jets?  (Read 3920 times)

HT2020

Hot Springs UNadjustable jets?
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »
I was wet testing the Aria the other day and noticed that on the right rear seat (facing front) there were a series of jets that could not be adjusted.  These jets were giving a vigorous hydromassage regardless of what the settings were for the rest of the hot tub.  The only way to stop their action was to turn off all the jets ie: there was no way to simply lower the action.  I didn't really like this because I'm not a big fan of strong hydromassage.  Do all Hot Springs tubs have this limitation on one or more of their seats?  I liked the Vanguard model but would not be happy if it had this limitation on either of the two front facing seats.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs UNadjustable jets?
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »

Jac-470

Re: Hot Springs UNadjustable jets?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »
That doesn't sound right for such a pricey tub. I know my J-470, I can adjust or even shut off each seat if I wanted.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:22:06 pm »
 Unless it has more than one diverter hndl , then that's it.   Other than turning the individual jet off..     

HT2020

Re: Hot Springs UNadjustable jets? Moto massage
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »
OK.  I think I've figured it out.  I found other posts that brought up the same problem.  Apparently the moto massage seats are the ones which you cannot control ie: you cannot manually turn the jets off and you can't go to low speed.  If you want to turn it off you have to turn the entire pump off.  The dealer specifically pointed this out as a flaw.  I'm a bit concerned because I really liked the Vanguard but I think it may have the same problem as the Aria in this regard.  In fact the Vanguard's two premiere seats have Moto single massage and Moto double massage.  Does anyone know if there is any way to simply reduce the intensity of these jets without turning off all the jets in the spa?  Or am I totally misunderstanding it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:38:26 pm by HT2020 »

escapecar

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »
I have a 2011 Vanguard, the Moto-Massage jets each have a control knob and can be turned down to low speed. (If you go to the Hot Springs site and download the owner's manual, it's the knob labeled B in the picture) But you'd have to shut off that pump (Jet 1) to turn them all the way off. If you can't turn them down to low speed, then something may be wrong.

FWIW, when I just want to let the water circulate without too much massage, I turn on Jet 2 only, and set the main diverter in the middle, that puts water through most of the non-Moto-Massage jets at the same time.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »
OK.  I think I've figured it out.  I found other posts that brought up the same problem.  Apparently the moto massage seats are the ones which you cannot control ie: you cannot manually turn the jets off and you can't go to low speed.  If you want to turn it off you have to turn the entire pump off.  The dealer specifically pointed this out as a flaw.  I'm a bit concerned because I really liked the Vanguard but I think it may have the same problem as the Aria in this regard.  In fact the Vanguard's two premiere seats have Moto single massage and Moto double massage.  Does anyone know if there is any way to simply reduce the intensity of these jets without turning off all the jets in the spa?  Or am I totally misunderstanding it.

I'm not sure I'd use the term "flaw". Does anyone have minijets that you an individually turn off at each jet like you can on the larger jets? The key is to have an air control tied to the jets, if you have the ability to turn the air on/off to that set of jets you'll find that will change the strength of the jets a lot.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:44:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42