What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts  (Read 22279 times)

brillskill

Re: Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »
I almost bought the 110 version with heater, than I saw the geo spa ,so I took a shot on that one its acrylic and about the same price..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:47:00 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »
Than its perfect for you..just remember its a roto mold.one piece design the seating area might be a little rough or textured

You're bouyant anyway but its a smooth texture, I wouldn't its not "rough" at all. In my opinion the only thing you lose with the shell is the look of the acrylic but we're talking about a spa for people who are on a budget so for most thats not an issue.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:46 pm »
Did that Flow have a heater or was it friction heat?

In any case, I haven't heard any specifics. The jets feel good for a short time and then the noise and water movement get annoying.

I ordered it yesterday after checking out another local dealer. I'll be sure to report on the good, the bad, and the ugly if needed.

they have standard heaters...I was just giving a heads up, we sell a few here and there with mostly good feedback but the noise/vibration thing is def. the most common complaint, again just try to keep it placed away from a bedroom window and out of vibrating distance and you'll be fine

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 07:09:59 pm »
Did that Flow have a heater or was it friction heat?

In any case, I haven't heard any specifics. The jets feel good for a short time and then the noise and water movement get annoying.

I ordered it yesterday after checking out another local dealer. I'll be sure to report on the good, the bad, and the ugly if needed.

they have standard heaters...I was just giving a heads up, we sell a few here and there with mostly good feedback but the noise/vibration thing is def. the most common complaint, again just try to keep it placed away from a bedroom window and out of vibrating distance and you'll be fine

I agree, with spas that sit just outside a bedroom window or on a deck where noise/vibration can be an issue you're better off getting a spa with a 24/7 circ pump.

blk94f150

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 09:24:23 pm »
It will be next to our family room on the first floor sitting on a covered paver patio with a six inch base. With the pavers, sand, and dense grade, it's about 11 inches thick. Plus it is going to sit on one inch XPS foam for a thermal break and vibration reduction. The exterior of the house is brick as well, so hopefully that reduces noise transmission.

brillskill

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »
Just curious.. Did you get the 10% in wayfair cash?

blk94f150

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:26 pm »
I only saw 3% so I guess that's all I got.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:58 am »
I love web programming that allows consumers to post reviews of products! One of the better features is that it requires the owner of the website (the one selling the product) to APPROVE the review before it becomes visible on the site....or, delete it if they don't want it to be seen by potential customers.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

blk94f150

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »
I love web programming that allows consumers to post reviews of products! One of the better features is that it requires the owner of the website (the one selling the product) to APPROVE the review before it becomes visible on the site....or, delete it if they don't want it to be seen by potential customers.

I really appreciate your two posts of no help at all. Perhaps if I would buy a Robert's hot tub you'd be more help.

I asked for specifics and you haven't offered anything. In any case there are plenty of negative reviews of other products on these sites. They sell enough stuff that they don't need to filter the results.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:24 pm »
I feel my comments are VERY helpful...perhaps not specifically to you, but hopefully to others. It was made in response to some post, that now seems to be gone, making a statement to the effect that there were only good reviews to be found for the spa. I simply want to remind folks, that any site posting reviews CAN choose what reviews get posted, and which ones don't. I think it a reasonably safe bet to "assume" that a website selling something, isn't going to publish the bad reviews.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brillskill

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »
blk youll be more than ok with this tub..its a watkins ...very little can go wrong with it..i know of at least 3 people who have similar tubs all are happy with them..it will get hot and give ya some bubbles..for 3 grand whats not to like

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 04:56:15 pm »
Swirling hot water is good enough for a lot of people. This tub will do that.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 05:07:53 pm »
It's more than "swirling hot water"!..you will feel the jets..it's not $10000 hot springs or jacuzzi jets but its relaxing and feels good..these tubs are taking market share from dealers so they will never give a positive statement on one ...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 05:25:16 pm »
It's more than "swirling hot water"!..you will feel the jets..it's not $10000 hot springs or jacuzzi jets but its relaxing and feels good..these tubs are taking market share from dealers so they will never give a positive statement on one ...

I wouldn't say they're taking market share. These companies come and go overtime. I think this was a good tub for him as he is just looking for "swirling hot water" andthatspretty much what he will get the jets will be barely noticeable

brillskill

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »
You are wrong ..I was in a 110 life smart with only 1.5hp pump and the jets felt good ..I was also in a hot springs grandee 2 weeks ago and there is a difference but IMO not an 8k difference

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 05:35:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42