What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts  (Read 22276 times)

blk94f150

Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts
« on: March 25, 2013, 01:01:11 pm »
http://www.wayfair.com/Lifesmart-DLX-Series-2-Rock-Solid-Hydromaster-7-Person-Spa-with-40-Jets-LSX1069.html

I have been looking at new and used spas for a while. We are looking for 6 person seating, 220V hardwired, waterfall, ozonator, multicolored lighting, no lounger, and doesn't cost a fortune. Most of the used ones are at least 5-7 years old and they still want 2-3K. Even the most basic dealer model that doesn't meet our minimums are 4K. While I have no set in stone budget, I'd like to be under 4K and closer to 3K. Electric can be done for cost of materials by a licensed friend, base is already set, and I have plenty of muscle to move it from the driveway to backyard patio.

So we found the above spa that's reasonably priced and has all the features that we want. I have read a lot of these are inferior to name brand "X" without really getting into specifics. Usually it comes down to dealer network, which I'm not overly concerned about. Is there anything specific that's less than desirable about this tub? It seems like a great deal, and I have 10% off.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts
« on: March 25, 2013, 01:01:11 pm »

brillskill

Re: Looking at a Lifesmart 220V spa, thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:20:15 pm »
great value..if you are a first time customer of wayfair you can get a 10% off code plus 10% IN WAYFAIR CASH,i just recently bought the geo spa non lounger 6 person 110/220..(wanted 110 option plus acylic)...with the code you r talking under 3000 no tax plus the store credit..imo u cant go wrong

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:54:09 pm »
http://www.wayfair.com/Lifesmart-DLX-Series-2-Rock-Solid-Hydromaster-7-Person-Spa-with-40-Jets-LSX1069.html

I have been looking at new and used spas for a while. We are looking for 6 person seating, 220V hardwired, waterfall, ozonator, multicolored lighting, no lounger, and doesn't cost a fortune. Most of the used ones are at least 5-7 years old and they still want 2-3K. Even the most basic dealer model that doesn't meet our minimums are 4K. While I have no set in stone budget, I'd like to be under 4K and closer to 3K. Electric can be done for cost of materials by a licensed friend, base is already set, and I have plenty of muscle to move it from the driveway to backyard patio.

So we found the above spa that's reasonably priced and has all the features that we want. I have read a lot of these are inferior to name brand "X" without really getting into specifics. Usually it comes down to dealer network, which I'm not overly concerned about. Is there anything specific that's less than desirable about this tub? It seems like a great deal, and I have 10% off.

Thanks
I believe the lifesmart is a freeflow tub which is a watkins(hot springs)subsidiary. Probably decent value. Find out what the true horsepower of the pump is because I'm fairly sure it's not what they claim it to be. Is this tub going to be for hydrotherapy or more of a party tub?  The thing with these tubs is they don't usually move the water very well so the hydrotherapy most likely wont be there

blk94f150

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:04 pm »
It's mainly for relaxing in hot water and partying. I don't really get into hydrotherapy. I have been in a lot of tubs, from cheap to high end and the jets drive me nuts on high after a very short time. I usually just sit in them on low and relax.

brillskill

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 08:28:04 am »
Than its perfect for you..just remember its a roto mold.one piece design the seating area might be a little rough or textured

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 09:37:43 am »
never mind
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

brillskill

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 10:01:03 am »
if you want the same tub with stainless jets ,a little more hp,steps and ozone ,costco sells it as the verano and sometimes puts it on sale for 2999

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:02:15 am »
actually my bad,the milano and puts it on sale for 3499

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 11:01:49 am »
never mind

My thoughts exactly!! 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 11:51:10 am »
It is what it is. An inexpensive option to a well designed, well engineered, well built, well backed hydrotherapy machine that cost more.

If you've had jets that bother you or hurt you you have not had good jets.
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 01:06:25 pm »
looks just like the freeflow line we have...based on experience only thing I advise against is placing it near your bedroom window or other places where vibration(s) could be an issue, because it will kick on to heat/maintain temp. a lot, even in a showroom with an ambient air temp of ~68-70 degrees and the cover closed it ran consistently to maintain 100+ degrees

blk94f150

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 03:49:54 pm »
Did that Flow have a heater or was it friction heat?

In any case, I haven't heard any specifics. The jets feel good for a short time and then the noise and water movement get annoying.

I ordered it yesterday after checking out another local dealer. I'll be sure to report on the good, the bad, and the ugly if needed.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 04:29:51 pm »
Did that Flow have a heater or was it friction heat?

In any case, I haven't heard any specifics. The jets feel good for a short time and then the noise and water movement get annoying.

I ordered it yesterday after checking out another local dealer. I'll be sure to report on the good, the bad, and the ugly if needed.

I'd love to see everyone get premium spas with top of the line therapy jets, multiple jet pumps, a circ pump, lots of lights, nice acrylic shell ... but everyone has their own personal budget and if yours is in that $3k to $5k range thats an excellent choice and yes, it does have the flow through heater.

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »
Good point ace..and the reviews all over the web are almost all positive for these tubs

blk94f150

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 04:40:14 pm »
Believe me, I'd love that as well. I really wanted the nice acrylic shell, but was not willing to spend more than double for it. As a side benefit, perhaps I won't slip as much getting in and out on the textured shell.

I'll see how much it runs. It states that it's full foam, so hopefully it is and I'm going to put down R10 XPS foam underneath it. It should also be pretty sheltered from the wind on our covered patio.

Just saw brillskill's post and that had a lot to do with our decision. Nearly universal extremely positive reviews and lots of them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 04:40:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42