What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Will a "type b" universal filter work in hot springs hot tub?  (Read 4093 times)

hottub63

I need to buy a few teplacment filters for my hot springs hot tub. I will be able to big the tri x filters on Monday but I need some for an emergency replacement tonight. I'm actually in a walmart as I type this and they have some "type b" universal filters that look like they would fit. I just wanted to check to see if it was ok to use this just over the weekend?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Will a "type b" universal filter work in hot springs hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:03 pm »
The size is a little bit off.  Just run it without te filter tonight and instead of the tri x filter go by a pleat cal c-6430 cartridge at any pool and spa shop tomorrow

hottub63

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:48:39 pm »
Thanks.

Is that filter you suggested as good as the tri x? Or should I still get the tri x ones on Monday?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:26:26 am »
Thanks.

Is that filter you suggested as good as the tri x? Or should I still get the tri x ones on Monday?

tri-x will last much longer and are definitely a little easier to clean than a standard paper filter but that doesn't mean you need to buy them...either option will work fine just keep them clean and rotate occasionally for even wear & tear

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »
can anyone give feedback on the life expectancy of paper filters in a spa designed for tri-x filters?  with the no-bypass filtration i would suspect they would get beat up pretty fast. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:18 pm »
Paper filter? There are no paper filters for spas....

Dacron, which is a fabric, yes, but no paper
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:00 am »
You should NOT put the regular dacron filters in place of the Tri-X. It's a matter of flow - the Tri-X have sixty+ square feet of surface area, as opposed to the 30 square feet on the C-6430 (Watkins part No. 31489).

As soon as they get dirty, you will be giving the pump a real headache with cavitation, and you can do damage. You can use the 31489 on the Circ pump, so if you have four of the Tri-X you are in business...

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42