What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do you insert the wires in the heater board on a Hot Springs?  (Read 4251 times)

hottub63

I am trying to get the wire to hold in the relay's on the board but I think I'm doing something wrong. Do you put a flat head screw driver in there and just push in? What's the best way to do it? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Ace

Re: How do you insert the wires in the heater board on a Hot Springs?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »
I am trying to get the wire to hold in the relay's on the board but I think I'm doing something wrong. Do you put a flat head screw driver in there and just push in? What's the best way to do it? Thanks.

Thin slotted screwdriver is needed. Place it in the slot and rotate it.

hottub63

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »
The electrician that came out to my house said my heater board needed to be replaced because it wasn't holding one of the wires. I wonder if he just didnt know how to insert it.

Is there a "spring" that can go bad in there or something else that can keep the wire from staying in?

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »
The electrician that came out to my house said my heater board needed to be replaced because it wasn't holding one of the wires. I wonder if he just didnt know how to insert it.

Is there a "spring" that can go bad in there or something else that can keep the wire from staying in?

I'm doubting that.

hottub63

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:50:43 pm »
The wire was kind of burnt but it was still working. I just had him come out and check it. He said for sone reason he couldn't get the wire to stay in. He thought the wire may had been loose and caused it to burn a little and somehow messed up the "spring" that held the wire in.

Everything is closed up right now. Is it easy to try it for myself? I've never messed with that sort of thing before. Is it possible for the terminal to not be able to hold a wire somehow? I don't know enough about those terminals to know how they hold wires.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 02:02:33 am »
I have seen wires burn the connectors due to not being put in the right way.

You do NOT rotate the screwdriver! You also do not simply shove the wire in. And you do not use a lot of force to open the clamp so you can insert the wire.

If it's burned, its burned. Replace the Heater Relay board, which comes with instructions.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottub63

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:11:52 am »
Thanks. What's strange is that it was working correctly until he took the wire out to straighten it out and make sure it was in there correctly. When he took off the wire he couldn't get it to go back in there and stay. The little metal teeth that hold the wire in burnt up it seems. Very strange. So the board still works just the one little gray area that hold the wire in is broken. Is there any way to fix this you think without buying a new board?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:18:13 am »
Get a new one - this is a safety item. If you have the old design, it will burn up sooner or later anyway. Get the new one - it has been redesigned.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hottub63

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 02:19:00 am »
Ok. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 02:19:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42