What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Back in the Market....  (Read 7916 times)

kysteelerja

Back in the Market....
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »
Hi gang,

It has been quite a while since last i visited this site. Then we bought an Emerald Manor series tub and were very happy with it but we moved and had to leave it behind.....now we are looking again and have returned to the same dealer to find they are now selling Jacuzzi. Since i am satisfied with their service in the past....only had one issue in 6 years and though it was an ordeal it was just one issue and occurred just before warranty expired...we were happy w/ that tub.....i digress....having said that i am open to Jacuzzi (at one time thought they were beyond my budget) would like to stay at $6k.....looking at the J-245 but am concerned about lack of circulation pump???  Should that concern me with advent of the clearray??

Thanks for your advice....sorry to be so long winded!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Back in the Market....
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Back in the Market....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »
If your going to use clear ray (ozone) properly you should have a circ. pump. But if you are going to use a good sanitizer routine (chlorine, bromine) Then a circ. pump isn't as important. Jacuzzi makes a fine tub. Another advantage of a circ. pump is quiet. There is no filtering advantage.
Retired

ssilver853

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
Purchased a J245, October 2012 and love it.  Seems to be very efficient.... I use nature 2 and leisure time renew and spa 56 and it works great with Clear Ray. Perfect hot tub for the price!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 01:09:53 am »
Hi gang,

It has been quite a while since last i visited this site. Then we bought an Emerald Manor series tub and were very happy with it but we moved and had to leave it behind.....now we are looking again and have returned to the same dealer to find they are now selling Jacuzzi. Since i am satisfied with their service in the past....only had one issue in 6 years and though it was an ordeal it was just one issue and occurred just before warranty expired...we were happy w/ that tub.....i digress....having said that i am open to Jacuzzi (at one time thought they were beyond my budget) would like to stay at $6k.....looking at the J-245 but am concerned about lack of circulation pump???  Should that concern me with advent of the clearray??

Thanks for your advice....sorry to be so long winded!!!

I do like a circ pump but when your budget is 5k you can't have everything. The Clearray is a UV ozonator and they've been around for awhile, its just new to Jacuzzi, they gave it a good name and market it well. If it comes included in the spa thats fine but at your budget it won't be included but I don't think its really anything that you'll miss. Just stick with a good old chlorine routine and you'll be fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:21:06 pm »
whats the point of a clearray if you don't have a circ pump?

From the owners manual:

note: The CLEARRAY System only runs when the circulation pump
is running and shuts off when either jets pump is manually activated during spa use. The system will remain off for 5 minutes after both jets pumps time out or are manually turned off, then resume operations if the circulation pump is programmed to run.

Also with Clearray owner must maintain no less than 1 ppm chlorine or 2 ppm bromine. And re-lamp yearly.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:46:49 pm »

From the owners manual:

is running and shuts off when either jets pump is manually activated during spa use. The system will remain off for 5 minutes after both jets pumps time out or are manually turned off, then resume operations if the circulation pump is programmed to run.

Also with Clearray owner must maintain no less than 1 ppm chlorine or 2 ppm bromine. And re-lamp yearly.

I doubt they even offer it without one.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 01:54:17 pm »

From the owners manual:

Really no different operating wise, like any spa with a ozonator and no circ pump. I believe you carry that kind of spa??

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 04:25:27 pm »

From the owners manual:

Really no different operating wise, like any spa with a ozonator and no circ pump. I believe you carry that kind of spa??

I understand that...Hot Spots never get an ozonator unless a customer is adamant about having one, I was merely pointing out it's pointless to have it unless you have a circ pump

kysteelerja

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
I may have been misinformed about the no circ pump in the j-245 spas....i read it elsewhere on this forum.....was just wondering.....actually the price for this spa at the moment is $6299......which is about what we spent 7 years ago on the Emerald. Really do not want to go much higher on the budget.....was hoping that walking in with cold hard cash would have an impression cuz that price is w/ 5yrs no interest.....which i probably will not do....

Will head to Watson's to see what they have that's comparable.....

kysteelerja

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 07:01:57 pm »
....and i forgot to mention.....it does come w/ clearray....

ssilver853

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:44 pm »
I paid $6k all in w/tax.  Included: cover, nice stairs, cover lift, delivery and starter chemicals.

Jac-470

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:55 pm »
Where are you buying from as I know my dealer can beat that price easy.

kysteelerja

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »
Where are you buying from as I know my dealer can beat that price easy.

Live in Louisville, Ky......the reason i am looking at this dealer b/c i think they will do right by us after the sale.....but i am open to suggestions.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:07 pm »

From the owners manual:

I understand that...Hot Spots never get an ozonator unless a customer is adamant about having one, I was merely pointing out it's pointless to have it unless you have a circ pump

That is a statement from a dealer.  While ozone works best, by far, with a circ pump, probably about half of our Hot Spots go out with ozone.  2nd and 3rd time buyers who have had ozone before in their previous spa with 2 speed pump.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

agapio

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:21 am »
I am interesting at j245 too and seen couple here in Bay Area, CA
The best deal I found at this moment is for dry model 2012 loaded with stereo for $7700.00

But now reading some of the posts on the forum I am not sure if this is really good deal ?
What you think?

cheers,

agapio

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42