What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok, I have narrowed it down to two tubs, which one would you pick !  (Read 3339 times)

kurt6137

Hi, I have narrowed down my choice to two hot tubs, both made by hot springs, I have had a hot springs flair and sundance cameo in the past. I did my research and wet testing, saw D1, Sundance, Strong, Caldera, but I kept coming back to the Hot Springs Jetsetter and Sovereign. I want a tub that is energy efficient and reliable. We are a couple in our 50's and will be mostly us using the tub, but we might end up having others in the tub, which would bring the count to 4. Both of these tubs I have wet tested and dry tested, I love them both, I really like the Sovereign , but the price is higher, due to more seating and jets. I am making my decision tomorrow, I love the dealer from Kingston, N.Y. they installed a pool for me years ago, when my children were young. I just cant make up my mind,the sovereign is about $2000 dollars more, my concern should i worry about it having more jets and water, will it cost me that much more to run and will it be harder to work on then the jet setter. Either way, I pulling the trigger tomorrow. All comments would be appreciated, I hate making decisions like this, there both such good tubs in my opinion. :)

Hot Tub Forum

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Ok, I have narrowed it down to two tubs, which one would you pick !
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:05:20 pm »
The maintenance costs between the Jetsetter and the Sovereign would be very minimal, even over the course of 10 years that I wouldn't even worry about it...the difference of course is if you can justify spending an extra $2,000 for the possibility of you entertaining 2 extra people on occasion...speaking of which I have a Sovereign in the back calling my name, its been a long day ;-)...good luck on your decision

kurt6137

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:23:56 pm »
I bought the Hot Springs Sovereign, got the sandstone shell, with espresso skin and espresso steps, I can not wait till it arrives, it will take 4 weeks, my wife is the one that pushed me into getting it, after seeing me in the jetsetter and knowing , I like to jump from massage seat to seat. I look forward to many soaks in my new tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:13 pm »
spending an extra $2,000 for the possibility of you entertaining 2 extra people on occasion)...good luck on your decision

Good post, I will add that my wife and I are the only ones in our hot tub 99% of the time, but we like to have a little room to move around, so I vote for the Soverign. I have only been in a Vanguard, but it was very comfortable, I'll bet you will be happy with the Soverign.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:01:42 pm »
I bought the Hot Springs Sovereign, got the sandstone shell, with espresso skin and espresso steps, I can not wait till it arrives, it will take 4 weeks, my wife is the one that pushed me into getting it, after seeing me in the jetsetter and knowing , I like to jump from massage seat to seat. I look forward to many soaks in my new tub.

sand/espresso, my favorite combo...the pearls are very "pretty" but that sand shell is nearly bulletproof and holds up beautifully against everyday wear & tear

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 03:01:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42