What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Repair or Replace  (Read 2660 times)

So Relaxing

Repair or Replace
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:48:26 am »
We purchased a refurbished hot tub in 2006.  It has 2 -2HP pumps, circulating pump, ozone generator, and single filter - all replaced in 2005.  It's been a wonderful spa and no major issues.  We had a line break but were able to repair it successfully.  Now we want to replace all the tubing/plumbing and the larger jets as some have quit working.  We'll need a new cover & skirting too but with all this it would be like a new spa with 7 year old hardware.  The reason we're considering the replacements is that this spa works w/o a heater - heat from the pumps heats the water beautifully (and it's outside), we love the tub configuration and this would be within budget.
The dealer we purchased from has gone out of business or we would be right back there looking for another refurbished spa.
Would appreciate your thoughts...is the hardware too old to be considering this work?

Hot Tub Forum

Repair or Replace
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:48:26 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Repair or Replace
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »
What kind of tub?  What would all of this cost you?

So Relaxing

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »
It's a Bay City Serenade.  We've been checking out the cost and with a new cover & skirting,would probably have $1500/$2000 max in it .  We like so many things about this spa  - the lounger, variety of jets, size, economy,  and this fits in our budget.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »
Keep in mind that you are talking about refurbishing a tub that is at least 10 years old.  I'm not familiar with that brand so can't really comment on the quality of it.  How is the frame of the tub? I would think replacing all the plumbing would cost more then that. There are a lot of good options in the $5-$6000 range that would be rand new. If that's too much then take a look around to see what's out there in used options in the $2-3000 range if you can't find anything them refurbish. I probably wouldn't put a lot of money into a 10 year old tub unless it was a high end tub which this doesn't sound like it is

mike

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:13 am »
I'm not the person that owns the tub however could you f/w me the brand names for 5-6k that you mentioned.
I have been looking to purchase a spa & am interested in your opinion.

Thanks Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42