What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st Hot Tub - HELP me choose!  (Read 4820 times)

cory007

1st Hot Tub - HELP me choose!
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »
Hello all,
My wife and I are purchasing our 1st hot tub and we're going crazy with the selection and marketing.
So I found this helpful forum and I'm hoping someone can add some insight to help us choose.
We live in Ontario, Canada btw.
All 4 are about the same price ~ $10k. We don't mind paying more if we're getting more, but we wanted to stay under $10k all in.
Here are the 4 finalists:
Marquis Epic
Jacuzzi J-375
Hydropool 775
Artesian Spa Grand Bahama.

For requirements we want a lounger and a good therpy seat with lots of jets including shoulder/neck jets and seating for 6/7.
If there's another comparable brand/model, we're open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance. I'm really hoping someone can advise us one way or another... VERY OVERWHELMED!

Hot Tub Forum

1st Hot Tub - HELP me choose!
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 1st Hot Tub - HELP me choose!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:18:02 pm »
 Have you wet tested any of them?      Top of that list a bit biased on one  Jacuzzi, Marquis, Artesian then Hydropool.     The jets in the Jacuzzi stand apart from the others from a feel and quality aspect.     I like circulating pumps which the Marquis does not have.     I think wet testing is a good way to decide what you like.    I don't know much about hydropool, just another component spa.   

cory007

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:27:22 pm »
We have not wet tested any. Not all are ready for wet testing. Not sure the process. Do you just ask them to wet test and they'll prepare the tub for it?
At this point i'm trying to eliminate based on bad feedback or poor quality/technology.

Keep the feedback coming!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »
I sold Hydropool's for years and while I think it's a well made tub I think the Marquis and Jacuzzi are probably constructed a little better.  Don't have much experience with Artesian.  All 4 have a decent reputation so I would base my decision on two things.  Wet test and which dealer you feel most comfortable with.  Good luck with your purchase!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:02 pm »
We have not wet tested any. Not all are ready for wet testing. Not sure the process. Do you just ask them to wet test and they'll prepare the tub for it?
At this point i'm trying to eliminate based on bad feedback or poor quality/technology.

Keep the feedback coming!

Based on my limited personal experience and 10 years here, it varies with the dealer.  Some dealers will look at your like your crazy.  In my case, we wet tested 5 or 6 the dealer had water in.  That was 3 in the testing room and at least 2 more on the floor toward the end of the night.  The conclusion after all that testing was that we thought we would like was empty.   I asked if he would fill it up.  It was a model the salesman hadn't tried and it was about time to rotate what was in the demo room anyway.  Also I think he knew by that point I was a serious buyer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

lz3td0

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:14:07 pm »
FIND THE DEALER, THE ACTUAL OWNER THAT IS THE MOST HONEST AND THAT YOU FEEL MOST COMFORTABLE WITH. RESEARCH THE DEALERSHIPS INTEGRITY, THATS WHO YOU ARE GOING TO BE DEALING WITH FOR YEARS TO COME.

Crooks Hideaway

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:24 pm »
We are on Vancouver Island and it sounds like you are looking at the same type of tub. You may want to check out Hot Springs tubs. But I would suggest that you are most comfortable with the dealer first, then the tub. The right dealer will make sure you have the best tub that suits you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42