What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: One Month Report Card  (Read 2673 times)

bimmerdog

One Month Report Card
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:40:26 pm »
How time flies when your soaking.  Had my Sundance Optima delivered one month ago.  So I thought i would give the tub it's first report card on how it was doing.

When it was delivered it was in perfect shape.  No scratches no dings no missing parts.  The set up went perfect.  When it was filled and powered up for the first time everything worked just the way it should.    Grade A

Now to get to know the tub.  The manual was very easy to follow on how to use the tub.  I was very happy how fast it got up to 102 after it was filled.  Learning the controls was very easy.  One part of the tub that made a big impression and it is one of the smallest parts on the tub is the two stainless steel handles to hold onto to get in and out of the tub.  This was huge for my wife. All seats give you a different feel and work on different parts of the body.  The raised foot well is a great feature.  Moving from seat to seat is a breeze.   Tub lay out grade A

For the next 31 days we used the tub 28 days.  An average of two people for a total of 28 hours of hot tub time.  I keep track of how many people use the tub at one time.  How long we are in it.  What chemicals I used after. What the water test reading was when tested. This is my opinion and my opinion only but something is working well to keep the water so clean.  I was amazed at how little chemicals I needed to use.  I did clean my filter once a week just spraying them off with the hose.  I took samples of the water to a hot tub store to have them check it because I was worried I was not reading the test strips right because the strip showed the water was spot on.  The store both times came back saying the water was great.  This was not the store where I bought the tub.  I did not add any water to the tub but it was getting close to needed some water but I knew I was emptying so I let it go.  Water care grade A

I have a infrared temp reader I use to check paint heat on cars as I buff the paint to make sure it doesn't get to hot and burn.  I use it to check the water temp of the hot tub to see how close the reading is to what the tub says it is.  Tub says 102 actual water temp was 101.4 so happy with the over all reading.  The nice thing was when I took a reading after being in the tub for 30 minutes outside air temp was 26 degrees and the temp in the tub only dropped 1.9 degrees.  Having the heater on when the jets are going is nice to have.  Water temp accuracy grade A-

I know some on here do not recommend a sound system for the tub.  All I can say is the Bluewave stereo system that came with my tub is unbelievable.  It is a Bluetooth system.  I can play all my songs I have on my  iphone with my phone being inside house. The remote that comes with the system is very easy to use.  I can switch from phone to radio to an ipod with out touching anything but the remote.  The speakers I have are the JBL speakers that are on both sides of the pillows.  The nice thing about the speakers placement is even when the jets are on you don't need to crank up the system to hear it.  The over all sound is fantastic. Stereo grade A+

Emptying the hot tub was a huge surprise to me how fast it was.  Eleven minutes to empty tub.  I use two hoses to fill it and it took 34 minutes to fill.  Emptying tub grade A

Time to nick pick things I would like to have for the tub.  Four pillows with only three sets of speakers.  Having two control units for turning on and off the jets.  That's it.

Over all grade A

It will be good to see what the grade for the tub will be in 6 months and then one year.  Time will tell but for now I'm Happy Happy Happy.

Hot Tub Forum

One Month Report Card
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:40:26 pm »

fishn4life

Re: One Month Report Card
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »
Thanks for the detailed report....

I've had my tub for a couple of months now, just as happy! Just out of curiosity why did you already drain your tub? I know some are recommending to drain after the first month or so, my water still looks great so I haven't drained yet. Wondering if I need to ?  ???

Glad everything is working well. We use ours about 5/7 days a week. Great family time, wondering why we didn't do this sooner...  ;D

bimmerdog

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »
Thanks for the detailed report....

I've had my tub for a couple of months now, just as happy! Just out of curiosity why did you already drain your tub? I know some are recommending to drain after the first month or so, my water still looks great so I haven't drained yet. Wondering if I need to ?  ???

Glad everything is working well. We use ours about 5/7 days a week. Great family time, wondering why we didn't do this sooner...  ;D
The store told me to go ahead and drain after the first month.  To be honest with you my water looked fine to me.  It was nice to see how easy it is to drain and refill.  I will now go 3-4 months till the next draining.  I want to have the draining schedule to miss the really cold months here in Utah. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42