What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question on used hot tub  (Read 2602 times)

hottub63

Question on used hot tub
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »
I am thinking of buying a 2004 Hot Springs Grandee for 1500 including delivery. The seller said they only thing they have ever had to replace was a line that went from the pump to the jet that was leaking once, but that's it. Everything else runs great. He is using  bromine with it, but it does have an ozone system built in if I want to use it he said.

Is this a good deal, or do you think I can do better?

I also could purchase a 2007 Hot Springs Prodigy for 1500 also..it's a few years newer, but that's it. Plus I'd have to pay for delivery.

Any thoughts on this?

Hot Tub Forum

Question on used hot tub
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Question on used hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:56:17 pm »
for that price delivered I'd snap it up in a heartbeat....ozonator is probably past its lifespan (not a big deal) and just an fyi a new cover will set you back $4-$500 if it needs a new cover

hottub63

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 04:07:19 pm »
Really? It doesn't bother you that it's almost ten years old? Do you think it's going to start needing a bunch of it's components repaired soon? (motor, pump, etc...? They are all almost 10 years old..)

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:20 pm »
Really? It doesn't bother you that it's almost ten years old? Do you think it's going to start needing a bunch of it's components repaired soon? (motor, pump, etc...? They are all almost 10 years old..)

With used spas its a case by case basis.  My Grandee is a 1999 and runs great, I don't even think about its age. If you have seen this spa operating or know this person well enough to believe their assessment that it runs well then thats a good deal.

Its just like with cars, would you rather have a 10 year old car that runs great or an 6 year old car with serious problems?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42