What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cleaning underside of spa cover?  (Read 6205 times)

abarts

cleaning underside of spa cover?
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:04 am »
three old cover and am seeing some black dots appearing randomly on underside of cover. Best way to clean them off while spa is full? In other words what can I use that wont harm the cover or contaminate the water. I thought maybe a diluted bleach solution that i could rub on and wipe off? Not sure if it is a mold issue or not. The spa is three years old and water maintained spot on (chlorine). Any suggestions? Also am seeing some black dots on the rubber head rests that wont scrub off.
J-365 spa.

Hot Tub Forum

cleaning underside of spa cover?
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:04 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: cleaning underside of spa cover?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:16:31 am »
A bleach solution will work

Sam

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:09 pm »
Bleach is corrosive.  I take an empty spray bottle and fill it with a 50/50 mix of distilled white vinegar and water.  This makes a great all-purpose cleaning solution that can be used around the house.  The vinegar will kill mold and bacteria.  The vinegar smell goes away as soon as it dries.  Works great, is environmentally friendly, and inexpensive.  I usually add just a small amount of dish soap too, but you don't want to do this to clean your cover.  The dish soap will get in your water and cause foam.

abarts

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:37:27 am »
thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:37:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42