What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replacement air line tubing for Moto massage ?  (Read 14696 times)

hottub63

Replacement air line tubing for Moto massage ?
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »
I need to replace the air line tubin in my moto massage jet. I was curious if anyone knew if I may be able to buy this tubing at a local Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. I thought I'd see if anyone on here has ever replaced that tubing with something they found locally.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Replacement air line tubing for Moto massage ?
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Replacement air line tubing for Moto massage ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:37:08 pm »
I need to replace the air line tubin in my moto massage jet. I was curious if anyone knew if I may be able to buy this tubing at a local Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. I thought I'd see if anyone on here has ever replaced that tubing with something they found locally.

Thanks!

No, the air tube and water tube in a moto massage is made from a very special material which made to withstand the chems and the repeated movement. If someone was to to rig something up on their own it don't think it would damage anything but it would not move properly and last. You need to use the tube from the dealer.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 06:37:59 pm »
Pool slide tubing may work if its the same size

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:17:59 pm »
Pool slide tubing may work if its the same size

Short term it may work but not for long IMO. If we were talking about the clear vinyl tubing for the normal airlines or the plumbing flex tubing then thats one thing but the tubing for the moto massage needs to be the specific tubing from the dealer and its not a big expense though I'm not sure exactly what they charge.

hottub63

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
There's only so many ways you can make tubing though. I'm fairly ceraln they didn't create that tubing just for their use. They are just using a tubing that works for this specific application. So ir doesn't have to be bought from the dealer. It just needs to be the same kind of tubing they use. I'm guessing a plumbing speciality store would have it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »
What makes the tubing so special?  The slide line has to be Abe to hold up under poor chemical conditions as well, I wouldn't think there would be much difference. Just wondering?

hottub63

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »
Hmm.... Are you saying Hot Springs has a patient on that tubing and the moto jets are the only place in the world one would find that tubing?

I'm not doubting you, that just seems like a huge stretch. There is medical grade tubing that would easily work.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:46:58 pm »
Hmm.... Are you saying Hot Springs has a patient on that tubing and the moto jets are the only place in the world one would find that tubing?

I'm not doubting you, that just seems like a huge stretch. There is medical grade tubing that would easily work.

Certainly the material supplier may use that material or an offshoot somewhere else but will it be in tubing that size? Very doubtful. I gave you a link above to get it if you don't have a dealer nearby since I know you bought the tub used

hottub63

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 08:49:49 pm »
Thanks. That's actually where I've bought my parts this far. I saw they sold it but was hoping to fix it over the weekend. :-)

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

I don't doubt you may find a tubing to fit somewhere but how long will it work? If you try that the tubing when new it'll be flexible but it'll harden fairly quickly in the spa water and then the jet won't move.

hottub63

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
But there are other tunes that size that run in other hot tubes and pools and salt water aquriums. They also hold up. There's no way that Hot Springs is the only company that has tubing that can withstand chemicals and water...

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »
But there are other tunes that size that run in other hot tubes and pools and salt water aquriums. They also hold up. There's no way that Hot Springs is the only company that has tubing that can withstand chemicals and water...

Use whatever works for you. If it doesn't last then get the tube made for it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »
The link you put up ace makes it look more rigid then I thought.  It's chep enough just to use te one made for it

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 12:33:03 am »
The link you put up ace makes it look more rigid then I thought.  It's chep enough just to use te one made for it

Its not rigid at all actually.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:29:02 pm »
You can very simply install that line with the tub full of hot water. So go ahead and enjoy your tub over the weekend, order the right part (keep in mind that HotSpring has been fine-tuning the design and components on the Moto for over 25 years now) and then when the right part arrives, simply take off the faceplate, slip the tube in place (position the oring to act as a clamp) and you are good to go.

Assuming that the air tube is the only part which is bad, of course...

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:29:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42