What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Costco Divine dal-1040  (Read 47213 times)

sorebikr

Re: Costco Divine dal-1040
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »
(deleted)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:35:46 pm by sorebikr »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

bimmerdog

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49:45 pm »
I wouldn't trust me I'M a shady person 8)

Agreed.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BimmerDog/photos
are you serious!!!! go online and find a guy with the name bimmerdog and you think it is me.  God I want to say so many things but I will keep them to myself but one thing I will say is that is about a childish post you could make.

so let me help you since you have a "thing" for me

and here is bimmerdog just so you can sleep better at night.  the name bimmerdog comes from BMW=bimmer  my yellow lab=dog together they are bimmerdog. 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:40:26 pm by bimmerdog »

sorebikr

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 06:36:58 pm »
I wouldn't trust me I'M a shady person 8)

Agreed.
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BimmerDog/photos
hey dork who is that?...not me you bozo

if you have a thing to see me....which I guess you do here I am

and here is bimmerdog just so you can sleep better at night

I erased the link.  It was uncalled for.  Didn't think bimmerdog was that popular a handle so figured it was you.  I'm glad you're less likely to hunt me down with an assault rifle than I previously thought.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
 An 8 iron can be just as effective  ;)   Just ask Tiger or was that a 7? 

bimmerdog

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 07:07:09 pm »

:) ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2013, 07:10:00 pm »

C'mon Jim, it was a 9 iron, look it up, thats what the internet is for!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1239225/Tiger-Woodss-wife-Elin-battered-iron-caught-texting-mistress.html
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 12:18:22 am »
No fee!!.. It's Costco!!...they take it back if your not satisfied ..period!

I understand that they take it back for no fee but are you saying that they will send a truck out to your house to pick up your tub free of charge?  That I find almost unbelievable.

My biggest problem with purchasing at Costco opposed to a dealer is you really have no idea what you are getting.  You aren't able to sit in it, try it out and make sure that is actually the tub you want.  Even if you are able to return it you are still on the hook fr the wiring, cement slab and putting it in place. When I'm spending that much money n anything I want to now exactly what I'm getting.  You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it would you?  Something might look great n paper but its not really what it is. Then there is the atter of who actually does the warranty work? If I was to buy a tb from Costco I would stick to a basic one like the rot molded Watkins. Costco doesn't exactly have a great record with there hot tub suppliers [hydro spa, tatum Beth outf business]. Obviously it's your money ad you can spend it where you want just be carefull

It would be interesting to know what that Costco person would have said on the phone but my understanding has always been that you'd have to bring the spa back yourself, not so simple for most people.

bimmerdog

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:04 am »
No fee!!.. It's Costco!!...they take it back if your not satisfied ..period!

I understand that they take it back for no fee but are you saying that they will send a truck out to your house to pick up your tub free of charge?  That I find almost unbelievable.

My biggest problem with purchasing at Costco opposed to a dealer is you really have no idea what you are getting.  You aren't able to sit in it, try it out and make sure that is actually the tub you want.  Even if you are able to return it you are still on the hook fr the wiring, cement slab and putting it in place. When I'm spending that much money n anything I want to now exactly what I'm getting.  You wouldn't buy a car without test driving it would you?  Something might look great n paper but its not really what it is. Then there is the atter of who actually does the warranty work? If I was to buy a tb from Costco I would stick to a basic one like the rot molded Watkins. Costco doesn't exactly have a great record with there hot tub suppliers [hydro spa, tatum Beth outf business]. Obviously it's your money ad you can spend it where you want just be carefull

It would be interesting to know what that Costco person would have said on the phone but my understanding has always been that you'd have to bring the spa back yourself, not so simple for most people.

Is it really that hard to pick up a phone to call so you actually know what you are talking about.  I posted the number I called I posted the number 4 option I pushed to talk to some one.  All I am saying is it gets old when all I see on here is "but my understanding has always been"  Take the time to have the actual answer so maybe someday in the future when this question comes up you will say "I know for a fact" 

I understand people are busy but please folks take a little time if you are not sure on something to get the full answer.  It is amazing how cool it is to have the truth not hearsay.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »
I suddenly have the urge to buy a 10lb tub of snack mix and a 24 pack of socks  8)

vangoghsear

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2013, 12:23:01 pm »
It's not so much the big items that would worry me, such as a major leak or a pump that doesn't work or failed control board.  It's the middle sized issues.  I had a check valve fail and it was leaking a little, maybe a 1/8 gallon a day.  It was barely detectable, I thought it was just runoff from getting in and out and evaporation, but there was actually a leak.  Repairing the problem took the technician less than an hour and they covered it under warranty. 

Now with that Costco tub, if you find a small leak in a component say a similar case to mine and a check valve is leaking,  It is an hour's work tops for an AUTHORIZED technician, but can you fix it yourself, or hire an outside technician to fix it without voiding a return warranty or do you drain your water and haul it back to Costco because they will take it back?  Hour's of work and aggravation for an hour long repair.  And then do you get a new one, or do you get a refurbished replacement, someone else's hot tub with a leaky check valve that was returned and repaired?

I have no doubt they will take it back, they are pretty good about that, but under what level of dissatisfaction do you pull that trigger?

brillskill

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:02 pm »
http://www.costco.com/Divine-Hot-Tubs™-DL-1040-Deluxe-115-jet%2c-7-person-Spa.product.100011143.html

brillskill

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:56 pm »
http://www.costco.com/Divine-Hot-Tubs™-DL-1040-Deluxe-115-jet%2c-7-person-Spa.product.100011143.html

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2013, 12:56:45 pm »
this thread and really every thread I've read on the web about Costco's spas is truly amusing to me

Walk into a Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, D1, Marquis, dealer and your sold on: a good warranty, a well insulated efficient spa, a company with decades of history in the industry, circ pumps, clear-rays, salt systems, nice jetting w/ the ability to wet-test... you know things that make spa ownership as easy and worry free as possible...

Walk into a costco and its: "well its cheap...oh and if its a piece of sh*t and breaks, don't worry you can return it"

is this really the way people spend $4,000-$7,000 now days?

bimmerdog

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »
No this thread started out with a guy looking at buying a tub from Costco.

Then it turned in to....don't buy there they suck.  You will hate your tub....you can not get a refund....you have to load it into your truck and damage the truck and tub......

Well then some of us had to come on and set the record straight and actually have facts not "It's my understanding" crap.  I 100% agree that buying from a hot tub store would be a better thing IF YOU CAN but if not I would buy a tub from Costco. 

I think that is about it. 8)

bimmerdog

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »
It's not so much the big items that would worry me, such as a major leak or a pump that doesn't work or failed control board.  It's the middle sized issues.  I had a check valve fail and it was leaking a little, maybe a 1/8 gallon a day.  It was barely detectable, I thought it was just runoff from getting in and out and evaporation, but there was actually a leak.  Repairing the problem took the technician less than an hour and they covered it under warranty. 

Now with that Costco tub, if you find a small leak in a component say a similar case to mine and a check valve is leaking,  It is an hour's work tops for an AUTHORIZED technician, but can you fix it yourself, or hire an outside technician to fix it without voiding a return warranty or do you drain your water and haul it back to Costco because they will take it back?  Hour's of work and aggravation for an hour long repair.  And then do you get a new one, or do you get a refurbished replacement, someone else's hot tub with a leaky check valve that was returned and repaired?

I have no doubt they will take it back, they are pretty good about that, but under what level of dissatisfaction do you pull that trigger?

If you read what I have posted you would see this.  The nice lady said and I quote "you can send back a hot tub up to 90 days with out any review from Costco for a full refund"  She did say up to a year without a review but she said it would be a for sure thing up to 90 days.  She then said "after a year there would be a review if Costco would accept it back"

Here is the warranty time frame on the tub
Structural: 5-Year Warranty (Shell surface, cabinet integrity*, pillar supports and floor base) Plumbing & Equipment: 2-Year Warranty Authorized Labor: 2-Year Warranty Hardcover: 1-Year Warranty

If beyond 90 days a person is having trouble with the tub as in "I want to return it because I don't like the color"  may have a hard time returning it.  As far as working on it yourself after the warranty has run out you are going to have a hard time returning it because of how old it is.  It really is not that complicated.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42