What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Life smart tub  (Read 17634 times)

brillskill

Life smart tub
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »
Anyone know the difference between life smart Sierra and Ls-400?..totally different prices all over the place but look identical and have similar descriptions

Hot Tub Forum

Life smart tub
« on: February 26, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »

Jac-470

Re: Life smart tub
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 08:44:37 pm »
I did a lot of shopping for my tub, but have never heard of a Life Smart. Be carefull and do some research on some of these tubs before you through $$$ at them.

bimmerdog

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
Anyone know the difference between life smart Sierra and Ls-400?..totally different prices all over the place but look identical and have similar descriptions
I went to the website Wayfair.com who sells these tubs.  The customer feed back on the Sierra is pretty good.  I don't know what tub the LS-400 is. 
For me the reasons I would not buy these tubs (this is my opinion nothing else)
1. It is being bought off of the Internet.  No way to wet test to see how it works and how it feels.
2. You have to do all the set up and understand how to do the chemicals.
3. The warranty.  But that is one of the reasons it is much cheaper.
4. 110 power.  For me a huge deal.  The tub can not have the heater on when the jets are running.  The website states you can not run 220 to the tub. 
5. Not having a store to help you with any problems

The bottom line is you are the one buying the tub.  I buy a ton of things off of the Internet but not big ticket items.  A hot tub is a hard thing to send back.  I do have to say that Wayfair.com has excellent reviews and looks like a good site to do business with. 

I guess I should have asked if you are buying it off of the internet? I now see other places sell the Life Smart tubs
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:22:41 pm by bimmerdog »

brillskill

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:17 pm »
Yes I'm buying from Internet.i have friends who have this tub . It's not high end but for 3500 bucks its a great value.ive had really bad experiences with my local Long Island dealers so I'm willing to deal with way fair or overstock plus I'm pretty handy. On overstocks site they list both these models but one is 500 dollars cheaper and includes more options.im thinking one has friction heat and the other has friction plus 1/4 kw heater so I was wondering if anybody knew for sure..thanks for looking out!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 12:45:44 am »

I do have to say that Wayfair.com has excellent reviews and looks like a good site to do business with. 

:-).... Good ratings, where? On their own website? Gee, a company who's own website only has only excellent ratings displayed about themselves? AMAZING!

Google;

wayfair complaints

#1 listing, BBB, FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE COMPLAINTS filed in THREE YEARS

#2 http://wayfair.pissedconsumer.com/

#3 http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/wayfair-com.aspx

2nd Google search; wayfair sucks ..................y'all can read this one yourselves
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »
Yes I'm buying from Internet.i have friends who have this tub . It's not high end but for 3500 bucks its a great value.ive had really bad experiences with my local Long Island dealers so I'm willing to deal with way fair or overstock plus I'm pretty handy. On overstocks site they list both these models but one is 500 dollars cheaper and includes more options.im thinking one has friction heat and the other has friction plus 1/4 kw heater so I was wondering if anybody knew for sure..thanks for looking out!

Why one is $500 less I'm not totally sure. Both should have a heat recovery pump-system. Living on Long Island I suggest you Google Aquaterra Transport which is basically the same spa but comes with a 1kw heater which is best for your area.

bimmerdog

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »

I do have to say that Wayfair.com has excellent reviews and looks like a good site to do business with. 

:-).... Good ratings, where? On their own website? Gee, a company who's own website only has only excellent ratings displayed about themselves? AMAZING!

Google;

wayfair complaints

#1 listing, BBB, FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE COMPLAINTS filed in THREE YEARS

#2 http://wayfair.pissedconsumer.com/

#3 http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/wayfair-com.aspx

2nd Google search; wayfair sucks ..................y'all can read this one yourselves

You are correct. I guess I should dug a little deeper to find more reviews.  I'm not reviewing Mayfair. I was saying what I have read, reviews on the tub the OP was asking about had good reviews. Not many reviews but what I could find on Amazon and Mayfair where OK. 

Since you brought up Wayfair I did do a little research
BBB rating A+  this is off of the Better Business Bureau   You are correct about the numbers of complaints. I did actually read 65 of the complaints.  Got bored could not read any more.  There was one complaint about a totally different tub then the OP is looking at and Wayfair sent them a new tub.  What I did learn is it will cost a person their own money to ship something back which pissed off a lot of people.  So out of the 432 complaints 392 were resolved.  Not bad. 
#2 has a total of 4 complaints
#3 has a total of 4 complaints
Google search "wayfair sucks"  first one you look at on this page is one person complaining.  Second one you can pull up it looks like its a 5 star or a 1 star.  20 reviews breaks down to 2.9 Next suck post is about a bad bird cage from Wayfair. And another on the suck post shows out of 15 reviews it got 3 out of 5 stars. 

My point is any place will get bad reviews.  I would have no problem buying from this company. I would not buy a hot tub from them. Not because of their reviews but because I would never buy a tub off of the internet.

Since we are showing sites to look at here is an site that has more then a few people upset  http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Wayfair
2,388 reviews 9.15 out of 10 

brillskill

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 02:52:38 pm »
thanks hot springs ace..ive looked at the aquaterra on costco..hoping they put it back on sale for 2999.i only use the tub from like late march to early october so friction heat is suffice..

brillskill

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 03:16:46 pm »
btw...is aquaterra made by the same company?..i think its watkins

bimmerdog

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »
btw...is aquaterra made by the same company?..i think its watkins
the answer to your question is yes

off of the warranty section for Aquaterra   "To make a claim under this warranty, contact Watkins Manufacturing Corporation, at 1280 Park Center Drive, Vista, California, 92081"

brillskill

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 06:02:46 pm »
Thanks!

brillskill

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »
Btw..if I'm going with aquaterra shouldn't I just go with the Verona ..looks to be a little better but same price

bimmerdog

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 07:50:37 pm »
I can't and won't comment on the tub you are looking at because I know nothing about them.  I will comment on Costco.  Are you buying it from Costco?   If I had to buy a hot tub from a retailer that sold hot tubs and groceries all in one place, Costco would be my only choice.  They have the best return policy I have ever seen in any store. 

This is what I mean....try this at your local hot tub store.  Costco is second to non on returns

How to Return: For an immediate refund (including shipping and handling), simply return your purchase at any one of our Costco warehouses worldwide. If you are unable to return your order at one of our warehouses, please email customer service or call our customer service center at 1-800-955-2292 for assistance. To expedite the processing of your return, please reference your order number.

If you request an item be picked up for return, the item must be packaged and available for pick up in the same manner as it was delivered.
If your order was delivered "curb side", it will need to be available for curb side pick up.
If the item arrived to you in a box, it will need to be in a box at the time of pick up

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 07:56:36 pm »
Yes,I love Costco I've returned half eaten food with no questions asked.there return policy really is second to none..they took a pool vacuum back 2 years later again no questions asked.if was buying a high end tub I'd try and find a local store but that's not the case and besides in my area IMO they are all slime bags

bimmerdog

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 09:46:52 pm »
How cool would it be.  One year after you have your tub you decide......you know what we don't like it......you empty out the water get some friends over to help load on a trailer and take it back to Costco.  All Money refunded.  Before i get beat up by some I am not saying this is good to do but sure nice to have the option.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 09:46:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42