What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Long Island hot tub dealers  (Read 9922 times)

brillskill

Long Island hot tub dealers
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »
Where on Long Island should I go to buy a hot tub?..have heard horror stories about the dealers here and had a very bad experience years ago when I bought my first hot tub..any suggestions would be appreciated..thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Long Island hot tub dealers
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Dommer

Re: Long Island hot tub dealers
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 12:44:09 pm »
I've spent the last few weeks doing the rounds on Long Island.  There are 5 or 6 dealers on Rt. 110 Huntington and many of them were not much better than used car salesman.   The one dealer I really liked was at Ocean Spray on 110 (across from Costco).  They are the local Hot Spring dealer, and get rave reviews on the web and I can see why.  Very low pressure, and Joe the salesman I dealt with was very professional (follow-up note in mail, a few low pressure follow-up e-mails).  His original quotes were a bit high, but he offered a cash discount.  My problem at this point is even the entry level HotSpot models break my budget. 

I also checked out the Jacuzzi dealer at the Hot Tub Factory in Bohemia, but the prices he quoted me were very high, and he was pushing me to buy that day for another $500 off.

I honestly don't know how the used car salesmen type sell anything, it's a complete turn off for me.

Good luck, post up if you visit any of the shops.

aceshigh73

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 06:12:39 pm »
I've spent the last few weeks doing the rounds on Long Island.  There are 5 or 6 dealers on Rt. 110 Huntington and many of them were not much better than used car salesman.   The one dealer I really liked was at Ocean Spray on 110 (across from Costco).  They are the local Hot Spring dealer, and get rave reviews on the web and I can see why.  Very low pressure, and Joe the salesman I dealt with was very professional (follow-up note in mail, a few low pressure follow-up e-mails).  His original quotes were a bit high, but he offered a cash discount.  My problem at this point is even the entry level HotSpot models break my budget. 

I also checked out the Jacuzzi dealer at the Hot Tub Factory in Bohemia, but the prices he quoted me were very high, and he was pushing me to buy that day for another $500 off.

I honestly don't know how the used car salesmen type sell anything, it's a complete turn off for me.

Good luck, post up if you visit any of the shops.

Its probably because Hot Tubs are somewhat of an impulse buy and a "nice to have".  Most people dont "need" a hot tub, so its high pressure and thinking you are getting a great deal "today only" that makes people buy.  The average buyer also doesnt read these forums and ask questions.  They have heard of Jacuzzi and possibly a couple of others, but doesnt know the difference. (Myself included only 3 weeks ago).  Every place also claims they are having a "clearance sale" and floor models all the time. 
Most sellers know, (just like car salesmen) that if you dont close on the initial visit, the odds go down dramatically.  Thats why EVERY hot tub store has "the best", and the most efficient tubs.  EVERY ONE. 
Mike at the Hot Tub Factory, is a nice enough guy...  but its a little to salesy for my taste.  The trick is to try not to fall for the B.S.   (Myself 3 weeks ago, but rescinded the contract).   

brillskill

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »
What's up boys..Ace those look just like aquaterra probably the same thing just a different name..u think the dealer will match costco's price?..I checked ocean spray is an authorized free flow dealer..if he would match I'd go with him for sure..also wondering when Costco is gonna have there sale?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »
What's up boys..Ace those look just like aquaterra probably the same thing just a different name..u think the dealer will match costco's price?..I checked ocean spray is an authorized free flow dealer..if he would match I'd go with him for sure..also wondering when Costco is gonna have there sale?

if you speak directly with the owner/manager (whoever has authority) they may be willing to match prices, however they will of course match it with apples to apples comparison, meaning "curbside delivery" and no accessories, cover lifter, steps, chemicals, etc. just like you would get it from costco which may or may not mean much as you were most likely planning to get them elsewhere since you plan on buying from costco...good luck

brillskill

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:38 pm »
Costco gives you cover,steps and stainless jets,if he added a couple hundred to put ii in my yard I'd accept that

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:51:32 pm »
Costco gives you cover,steps and stainless jets,if he added a couple hundred to put ii in my yard I'd accept that

Have a straight forward discussion with the dealer. Show him what you planned to buy and ask for their best price for a similar spa delivered to the end of your driveway and then how much to put it in the back yard, install lifter, etc. ...

bimmerdog

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:58:30 am »
Remember to ask the dealer what his return policy is just in case you don't enjoy the hot tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:11:54 am »
Remember to ask the dealer what his return policy is just in case you don't enjoy the hot tub.

And you might ask if you'd have to return it yourself (like with Costco) or whether they'd pick it up. Actually if its a small roto molded tub they're pretty easy to move anyway.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

brillskill

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 11:20:25 am »
after all this,,im just going to buy from costco..its only 3k...but i do thank everyone for their input

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »

I've been in this business nearly 13 years and although I've had deals "fall through" or cancel their contract (within the letter of Minnesota law of course)  I've never had 1 person who wanted to return their tub...of course the majority of my customers aren't buying based on "the bottom line only" ie price...Costco can keep those customers for all I care

brillskill

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 03:50:38 pm »
try dealing with long island dealers...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »

I've been in this business nearly 13 years and although I've had deals "fall through" or cancel their contract (within the letter of Minnesota law of course)  I've never had 1 person who wanted to return their tub...of course the majority of my customers aren't buying based on "the bottom line only" ie price...Costco can keep those customers for all I care
Brill skill does bring up a good point though. What is the difference between te freeflow and the aquaterra. They look identical and have the same warranty and specs. Why would ny dealer sell those if Watkins will sell the same thing to Costco?  For the life of me I cat figure out why Watkins even got involved with freeflow r why a dealer would sell it to compete against Costco and te Internet

brillskill

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
They squired free flow because it was profitable..it's that simple

brillskill

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:16 pm »
*aquired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:02:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42