What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: motor noise after drain / refill - jacuzzi  (Read 7826 times)

Sea Bean

motor noise after drain / refill - jacuzzi
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:21 pm »
Hi,
So, did our first drain & refill of our new toy, the Jacuzzi 365.  It now makes a different, louder, more uneven noise & one of the hot water entry points doesn't have as much force as before.  (It's not a jet per se, it's just where the recirculated water enters the tub, hot.) 

My theory is that it has two filters & I wetted each one down thoroughly (they were new, cleaning/drying the first set), but I'm not sure if I filled the tub through both the filter cannisters, or at least not enough through one cannister, so maybe there's air bubbles in the pump? 

Oh, and then a day or two later, realized I hadn't replaced one of the blue "caps" that twists onto the top of the filters.  So I did that, and then the next time I got in, it sounded like it was struggling even harder.  It's not noisy, but it was almost silent before.  Definitely not right.

Does this sound like air bubbles in the pump?  If that's what it is, will a drain & refill through both cannisters fix the problem?

Your thoughts?
Thx!   

Hot Tub Forum

motor noise after drain / refill - jacuzzi
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:23:21 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: motor noise after drain / refill - jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:57:28 am »
Does it still sound the same or is it better?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:42:54 am »
Hi,
So, did our first drain & refill of our new toy, the Jacuzzi 365.  It now makes a different, louder, more uneven noise & one of the hot water entry points doesn't have as much force as before.  (It's not a jet per se, it's just where the recirculated water enters the tub, hot.) 

My theory is that it has two filters & I wetted each one down thoroughly (they were new, cleaning/drying the first set), but I'm not sure if I filled the tub through both the filter cannisters, or at least not enough through one cannister, so maybe there's air bubbles in the pump? 

Oh, and then a day or two later, realized I hadn't replaced one of the blue "caps" that twists onto the top of the filters.  So I did that, and then the next time I got in, it sounded like it was struggling even harder.  It's not noisy, but it was almost silent before.  Definitely not right.

Does this sound like air bubbles in the pump?  If that's what it is, will a drain & refill through both cannisters fix the problem?

Your thoughts?
Thx!

I have no idea from your descrption what the issue is but if it was an air lock in the pumps then you'd have no flow at all. If the air starts to work itself out, in less than a minute it will purge all the trapped air and then you'll be fine. Since you have flow now we know thats not your issue nor was wetting the filters down or not putting the cap on. I wish I could be of maer help but without being there to hear/see it ...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

summerside9000

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:33:36 pm »
That blows. Did something fall into somwhere?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 02:51:39 pm »
I can't tell from your description how much the sound has changed from new, but fresh water always makes the pumps sound different.

If you have some air left in the pumps, it usually only takes minutes for them to clear - however in some cases it can take a day or two to get the very last traces of air out of the plumbing near the pump.

Give it some time, and assuming that all the jets are operating the way you think they should, you will most likely be fine.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Sea Bean

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 12:37:49 am »
Hi & thanks. 

No, the tub's been kept really clean.  I guess some small piece of debris could have fallen into the system while we were in the process of draining/refilling, tho.  Not too likely.

Today it sounds a hair noisier, I'd say, but I didn't actually get in it tonight. 

The main difference (besides noisy) is that one of the hot water "jets" (it's not actually one of the massage jets, it just shoots in the hot water) has low pressure.

Hopefully it will work itself out.  If you think of anything to "do" to maybe fix it, please post!  (We want our quiet tub back!)
Thx!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:21 am »
Let your dealer know right away.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42